_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Buttoning up tight?
Cuhail
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
AeroScale: 19 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 11:55 AM UTC

Hi all!
I ventured over here to help find an aftermarket Vulcan Gun from/for any 1/32 F-16, F-18, F-15.
I don't think they make one. I checked Squadron and Great Models and neither of them had anything at all.
So.
I was wondering if anybody has built any of these models in 1/32 with the gunbay uninstalled and all closed up AND if ya wanted to part with the Vulcan Cannon from the kit.
I want to install it on a Guntruck I'm scratchbuilding. I'm hoping one of you fine people have one to part with. Or can point me in the right direction for an aftermarket cannon on the market.
HELP!

Cuhail
Cuhail
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 03:42 AM UTC

Guys, please! Lead me to an aftermarket source for one of these. 1/32, 1/35, anything?

C
Percheron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 432 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 04:40 AM UTC
Hi Murphy,

I guess since no one has replied to your question yet, I will. It seems most of the companies that make AM stuff for planes make them for armor as well. If your search of the usual internet places has turned up nothing, you may have to scratch build. I have not read or heard anyone on this site talk of a AM Vulcan, not to say they don't exist.

Good luck with your project.

-Derek
tlorusso
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 04:54 AM UTC
do yourself a favor and go buy yourself an academy M-163 SPAAG kit.
Its in 1/35 scale and has a resonably accurate gun body and barrel setup for an M-61 vulcan that can be further detailed and stuck into an aircraft. Hope that helps a bit.
-Thad
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 06:28 AM UTC
According to Large Scale Planes, KMC makes a resin one: 323008 F-104G/J Gun Bay Set

Verlinden 1567 Available Starfighter Update Set

Or you could buy and pirate one from Trumpeter's Thunderchief !

Cuhail
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 09:26 AM UTC

Thanks all. I did some eBaying and found the Italeri version and after some more web searching, I found the Academy one. The italeri one was with an M 113 mounted under it, but I think the Academy one looks a bit better. I'm just not sure if it's the gun only or the vehicle under it as well.

I am still hoping somebody did an in-flight version and didn't add the gun & guts and has it just sitting in a box, ignored. Unloved. Unwanted.

I really want to adopt.

Cuhail
 _GOTOTOP