Do 335 A12 'Anteater'
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 10:59 AM UTC
Hi all,

This 48 scale amiya offering has been built 99.9% OOB, [the alteration is replacing the kit landing light, which has been substituted by a scratch built set up offering a little more realizm], the enamels are all Model Master Metalizer Burnt Steel was used on the exhaust face plates and Burnt Iron was used on the exhaust outlets.
Model Master RLM colours of 66 {for the cockpit interior, bomb bay and undercarriage areas}, 65 [Ligh Blue] over 70/71, for the splinter type cammo I painted the fuselage and wings as seperate assemblies before attatching the wings to the fuselage, this made the masking task much easier.
Thier is no added detail to the cockpit area's an the haness decals have not been fited, I also installed the bomb in the bomb bay, on this subject, as it was captured by the British, handed to the RAF and returned to England, [complete with Luftwaffe markings] and displayed. I am not ertain if the displaye aircraft in real life had the bomb attatched and the bomb bay doors open.

The progress to finish pix:

The kit offerings as per instructions.

Both the fuselage and wing assemblies test fitted to check allignment of splinter type cammo.

The following pic shows the [reflection of the under surface] scratch built landing lights.

Percheron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 432 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 12:32 PM UTC
Wonderful job!

That is a nice, clean build. I have been eyeing that plane to add to the build list. But I picked up the Hase Shinden instead. Both planes are such interesting designs and it seems a fellow can really have fun with them.

-Derek

Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 03:17 PM UTC
Awesome work as always Rob!
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2007 - 05:05 PM UTC
Good job on that one. Looks like it is a really nice kit.

Thanks for sharing your good work
 _GOTOTOP