_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Prototype and X-planes campaign?
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 07:14 PM UTC
Hi

I was just looking at some of Planet models German WWII planes that in reality never got further than drawings on paper or a wooden mock up in reality. This gave me an idea for a campaign - prototype and X-planes. I have recently bought a book on the subject and there is enough to choose from.
The campaign should cover all periods, all countries and all planes that were drawn up on paper and/or produced in 10 or fever aircraft.

Are you up for it?

Inspiration here:

Blohm & Voss P144

Heinkel P1078B

X-planes homepage

US and British prototypes
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 08:57 PM UTC
Sounds good, I'm in! I already got Ardpol's VL pyörremyrsky and KP's Pogo which should make good entries.
I have a suggestion concerning the rules, though. While those really bizarre X-planes were usually made in very few numbers, some prototypes surely were produced more than 10 examples, excluding some types. Is this meant to be a campaign for esoteric x-planes and "paper planes" (types that never entered serial production or were only designed on paper), or including prototypes that eventually lead into succesful design with extensive production?
I'm not familiar with prototypes in general, but surely many were made more than ten examples.
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Friday, March 02, 2007 - 09:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Is this meant to be a campaign for esoteric x-planes and "paper planes" (types that never entered serial production or were only designed on paper), or including prototypes that eventually lead into succesful design with extensive production?
I'm not familiar with prototypes in general, but surely many were made more than ten examples.

It is meant as a campaign that also includes fx. F-16 and Spitfire prototypes. So the number of prototypes could easily be taken up to fx. 20 examples.
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 04:50 PM UTC
Wow!!!!! Why didn't I see this topic? I am definately in! Luft 46 is one of my favorite subjects and I do have a little stock. Do they count?
 _GOTOTOP