_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
EUROFIGHTER FINISHED
fish1642
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 89 posts
AeroScale: 77 posts
Posted: Friday, March 09, 2007 - 12:47 AM UTC
Well here is the last instalment. It's the first model I feel I have really done properly since finding this site. I didn't rush and tried to pay attention to detail instead of making it as fast as possible. The kit is the 1/48 Revell with added Eduard detail set. It went together well and come with 5 different sets of Decals. The only critisim I have really is the weapon points don't match the decals. They have been molded for only one side of the plane and so the decals don't match the detail on the point itself on one side of the aircraft. But you can't really tell unless you look very closely

Thanks for looking and please feel free to leave comments on what you think or where I could have done better if you are able to from the photo's.

On the next image some of you with more knowledge than me may find the weapons are not quite right. The kit allowed for two or three weapon points on each wing. But it didn't show what type of weapon could be on the middle point. Therefore I chose to use the Paveway which was the alternative for the storm shadow on the inside point. I dn't know if the real thing can have this set up but mine can and I like it.

Coolaznkid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 74 posts
AeroScale: 25 posts
Posted: Friday, March 09, 2007 - 09:44 AM UTC
Great Job on your EuroFighter, definitely makes me one to make my own EuroFighter...in black, of course

Keep it up
_H_Dori
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 295 posts
AeroScale: 276 posts
Posted: Friday, March 09, 2007 - 02:35 PM UTC
Really nice mate.
I don't know much about the Eurofighter myself but that looks really good.

Thanks for sharing

H
Easy_Co
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
AeroScale: 89 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 12:44 AM UTC
She's a beauty Chris and loaded for Bear
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 09:50 AM UTC
From looking at your results, the only way you could have done better would be to post a picture of the real plane! This one is beautiful. You should be proud of her. Great job all around!
RotorHead67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
AeroScale: 226 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 03:13 AM UTC
Chris:
Real nice JOB !!!. I plan to build one as well. Shading and panel detail is done very well. Nice paint finish too.
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 02:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

On the next image some of you with more knowledge than me may find the weapons are not quite right. The kit allowed for two or three weapon points on each wing. But it didn't show what type of weapon could be on the middle point. Therefore I chose to use the Paveway which was the alternative for the storm shadow on the inside point. I dn't know if the real thing can have this set up but mine can and I like it.

You choose correctly. The middle point can have the paveway. I have some striking pictures when they tested the Paveways on the Eurofighter. All bombed up with Paveways painted yellow and black in a checker pattern

I have not seen the combination of storm shadows and paveways, but I cannot see that there should be any problems with your combination. After all the plane is supposed to be very versatile.

Great job on the Eurofighter and thanks for sharing
FalkeEins
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 868 posts
AeroScale: 690 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 04:35 PM UTC
..now thats what I call an aeroplane ....although my French colleagues don't rate it ...apparently over there they are trying to bring into service something called a 'Rafale' :-)

..great looking model ....although I have to say that all that ordnance kind of detracts from the lethal elegance of the (real) machine
fish1642
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 89 posts
AeroScale: 77 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 05:28 PM UTC
Thanks for the comments I really appreciate it. Neil I did toy with the idea of leaving it without weapons as I agree it looks really slick without them. But having a destructive side I couldn't bring myself to not have something on there for a plastic pilot to do some damage with. Thanks again for the feedback. My next model is an O-2A cessna skymaster for the vietnam campaign. See you soon
trahe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,158 posts
AeroScale: 73 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 11:40 PM UTC
Looks great. Very well done!
 _GOTOTOP