_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
revell vs testors 1/48 A-6 Intruder
Juggler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 104 posts
AeroScale: 39 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 12:24 AM UTC
I would like to hear some opinions comparing the A-6 Revell & Testors kits in 1/48 scale.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 03:10 AM UTC
As to the Testors A-6’s, they are just a rebox of the Fujimi kits. They are plain and simple awful. Two words, Stay Away”. Also they aren’t 1/48th, there closer to 1/50th scale. They are old molds, lack detail something awful. The pilots seats look like old bench seats that came out of an old Chevy wagon. Also there is no aftermarkets sets/kits for them.

Your best bet is to get the Revell/Monogram kit. I believe the general opinion on the Revell A-6E is that it's the best 1/48 Intruder out there. It’s a typical 80’s kit, raised panel line and cockpit and some panel lines in wrong location. There are many aftermarket decal sets out along with PE and resin. I’ve built many over the years, both the Intruder and Prowler.

If your looking to build a Intruder, the Revell/Monogram kit is to get…and if your interested I’ll answer and help out as much as I’m able to.

Joe
Juggler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2007 - 04:21 AM UTC
Thanks for the advice Joe, There is one of those Testors A-6 kits on ebay & I will steer clear of it thanks to you.
Juggler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 01:29 PM UTC
Hey Joe,
Would you happen to have an extra Revell 1/48 A-6 kit you can dare to part with? All the shops seem to come up "0" on thier strock. What can ya do?

Dewman
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 10:36 AM UTC
Yeah Juggler those A-6’s are hard to come by. They do show up from time to time on eBay and at times pricy. Just this afternoon one sold for $94.00 bucks…yep $94 bucks. I have seen them go for as low as $40.00 dollars. As for having an extra one…not really dude. I do have one that I plan on going all out on. I’ve sanded the raised panel lines and started re-scribing them. I also have Verlindens PE/resin set and a pair of resin ejection seat and a set of aftermarket decals. I plan on doing a lot of cutting and opening panel doors, flipping up it’s nose. I can’t promises anything but let me dig around.

Here is the one that sold way to high… A-6E

And here is another going on right now with a current bid less than $6.00 bucks.... A-6E Intruder

Joe
Juggler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2007 - 09:34 PM UTC
Thanks for the info Joe.
 _GOTOTOP