_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
On the Production Line -1:72 Albatros D.Va
BradCancian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 285 posts
AeroScale: 281 posts
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2007 - 05:20 PM UTC
Hi all!

Just thought I'd post some piccies of another project I have had on the production line. A friend of mine is building a 1/72 Albatros D.Va at the moment, which inspired me a little while ago to grit my teeth and dive into another project in my most dreaded of scales....

I promptly got hold of the Eduard 1/72 Albatros D.Va profipack and was impressed with the contents. Some very fine detail is included and an excellent kit can be built out of the box. However, as per usual, AMS took over and I had to make some changes and additions. So far, all I have done is the cockpit. Modifications include re-working the control column (the kit column was very over-simplified), including re-positioning the spade grip, adding some simple triggers, a throttle and adding some wiring. The fuel pump and gauge on the starboard side of the fuselage was omitted by Eduard, as was the spandau support bar (which is surprising as these were very prominent components in the cockpit), so I scratch built them. Wiring was also added to the side walls. The controls were off-set and the finished product will reflect this. I also scratched the fuel tank which sits forward of the cockpit.

I realise yet again why I stick to 1/48 scale... Anyways, here's some pics of it all dry-fitted together.

Let me know what you think, good, bad or otherwise. Suggestions always welcome!

BC
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2007 - 05:24 PM UTC
Very impressive Brad. That is exactly why I stick to 1/48 and bigger. But you carry it off nicely.
 _GOTOTOP