_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Goshawk Photos Needed!
m_buchler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 137 posts
AeroScale: 103 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 11:18 AM UTC
Would anyone happen to have cockpit photos for a Curtiss F11C Goshawk? I'm attempting to build an ancient Lindberg kit, and it has no cockpit details to speak of, save for a seat. I'll need to scratch most of it. Any pictures/drawings would be greatly appreciated-

Thanx-
Mark
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 12:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Would anyone happen to have cockpit photos for a Curtiss F11C Goshawk? I'm attempting to build an ancient Lindberg kit, and it has no cockpit details to speak of, save for a seat. I'll need to scratch most of it. Any pictures/drawings would be greatly appreciated-

Thanx-
Mark

Hello Mark and welcome to the Early Aviation title. TheF11C was the Army version right? I know that a Naval version , the BFC 2 is on static display here. They maybe able to give you a helping hand.
http://naval.aviation.museum/home.html

Classic Airframes sold a scale 1/48 (?) kit of the F 11 Goshawk. It may have details someone here can provide.

m_buchler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 137 posts
AeroScale: 103 posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2007 - 01:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello Mark .... I know that a Naval version , the BFC 2 is on static display here. They maybe able to give you a helping hand.
http://naval.aviation.museum/home.html

Stephen, thanks a bunch. I followed your link and contacted the Naval Museum, and a rep sent me not just one or two, but 19 quality digital photos of the cockpit.

Thanks again-
Mark
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2007 - 05:22 AM UTC
They are good fellows. Glad it worked out!
 _GOTOTOP