Unit markings for 22nd squadron, Kwajalein
Percheron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 432 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 09:51 AM UTC
Hi all,

O.K. so I have been looking around with that "Google" thing for images of Japanese aircraft based in the Marshall Islands. The Google has turned up lots of text but no pics. I've started a Kyushu Shinden that I want to paint up as an aircraft from that area. I know, I know, the Shinden never operated there, but since it never operated any where I figure I can paint it any way I like! Plus, since I lived on Kwaj for two years I think it would be fun to have a plane painted as if the Marshalls never fell. Glad they did though!

Based on what I have found, IJN had various aircraft there and were part of the 6th base force, 22nd Squadron, 653 FG. Again only text found. Thanks in advance!

-Derek
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 06:25 AM UTC
Hi Derek,

I got a partial reply to your question from J-aircraft.com. See: 6th base force, 22nd Squadron, 653 FG Markings?

Percheron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 432 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 06:45 AM UTC
Fred,

That was very kind of you to do that.

I was able to scrounge up a few blurry pics of various aircraft but nothing concrete. I have already committed my Shinden to paint and will be posting pics, hopefully soon. But I do want, at some point, to do an aircraft from the Kwajalein/Roi-Namur bases.

Thanks again,

-Derek
 _GOTOTOP