_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Cant Z.1007 Supermodel Review
matopelamo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2007 - 08:55 AM UTC
Dear all,

I was reading the review of the Supermodel Cant Z.1007 on:
https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/review/2455
and I noticed how the author missed totally the main problem of that kit, namely that the cowlings have the wrong diameter, problem that carries on the shape of the fuselage (see the review of the same kit on the dedicated Ali d'Italia booklet).
This lead me to think whether the system of having a few reviewer who review the most diverse kits is not the wrong one. After all nobody could be an expert about everything! Given the global connection that Internet allows, shouldn't be better to take advantage of that and have many more reviewer, who therefore could be much more specialized and precise in their review?
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2007 - 12:46 PM UTC
So you volunteer?

there are many who criticize reviews but very few who want to write reviews .. I know that problem from my own site ....

Do not get me wrong: You are surely right with your remark and I have not the foggiest idea about the CANT.

BUT

If you want to make the site better ... write reviews about the things you know best and submit them (even then you cannot be sure that you never make a mistake ... again I know from experience)

best wishes

Steffen

Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2007 - 01:08 PM UTC
Hi Lorenzo

Welcome to Aeroscale - it's great to have you aboard.

Steffen's worded his reply really nicely, so I'll just add that one of the nice things about the Aeroscale review system is that it does give you the option to add your own comments to each published review (see the yellow panel on the right-side of the review page). That way, you can point out where you think a reviewer missed things or just plain got it wrong and the review can represent a range of (hopefully) expert views.

But the basic point is that we really want expand the number of writers who are prepared to give us the benefit of their experience so, if you want to submit an article, we'd love to hear from you.

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP