_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
My first diorama
Mattcooke
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 289 posts
AeroScale: 29 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 08:29 PM UTC
Hi guys,

I finally finished my first diorama.This diorama contains a Bf 109G-6 of Fw. Fritz Ungar.I really had alot of fun building this diorama and I hope that you guys enjoy it too. Now on to the specifics of the diorama.
The Bf 109G-6 is the Hasegawa 1/72 Bf 109G-6.The decals are Eaglecal.The Schwimmwagen is from the Academy set with the fuel truck.All of the figures are from Preiser.The tree and the shed are scratchbuilt.The tree is made from wire and some vegetation I bought and the shed is made from balsa wood.

Well hope you enjoyed all the pics and my work.It took me a while to build this diorama but I finally got there.Thanks to everyone who helped me.If you have any suggestions, please give them to me.I'm still learning and I would like to build more dioramas in the future.

Daniel
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 09:00 PM UTC
Nicely thought out story to your Diorama, I like the interplay/interaction of the figures and vehicles. VERY WELL DONE
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 03:24 AM UTC
Kaporaal; Nicely done for a first diorama. Human interaction can be complicated but you are grasping some of the basics. When you do a diorama think about pulling your viewers in. If you cut all gloss areas down in 1/72 scale you invite people to spend more time looking at your details. I agree with CRS you are on the right track.
goldstandard
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 208 posts
AeroScale: 186 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 10:38 AM UTC
Yes, very nicely done. I wish I could do that well whenever I do something for the first time. :-)
Vulcan1701
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 34 posts
AeroScale: 25 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 05:38 PM UTC
Indeed, very nicely done. Excellent details and presentation. I like your airplane the best naturally, but it's an excellent start, not that I'm a professional or anything. Keep it up and continue posting your work!
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2007 - 09:42 AM UTC
Hi Daniel!

I can't believe I missed this one!

That's a very nice diorama. I like your idea to leave one side of the barrack open to show the interior. I also like the way you've put so much on such a small base. I can't wait to see your next projet...

Jean-Luc
Percheron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 432 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2007 - 11:29 AM UTC
Daniel,

I agree with everyone here, good job! I have not done 1/72 yet, as I'm sure my stupid thick fingers would not work well with that scale, but you made something very nice to look at. The only negative, and I agree with Stephen would be to cut down on the gloss, such as is on the concrete.

-Derek
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2007 - 07:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I really had alot of fun building this diorama and I hope that you guys enjoy it too.

Hi Daniel,

Wow, that is an impressive 1st diorama! You can definitely paint a bar on your rudder for it--I'd say we will all confirm it--can't wait until you make 'ace'!

Little things I suggest: I concur about toning down the gloss. The other is the placement of the building--try not to have an element of a diorama parallel to the edge of the diorama base. A tip: photograph your models for final inspection. I am amazed what I see to fix when I do so.

The clutter in the Schwimmenewagen adds interest. The card game is a great touch! So are the tire marks in the grass, splendid! If you can find a parachute, I have noticed many -109s with them set on the tail plane awaiting the pilot. They are relatively easy to make with a glob of putty. I am glad that you did not go overboard trying to paint the figures. 1/72 lends itself to 'suggesting detail' --this coming from a guy who used to paint the eyes and rank insignia on HO (1/87) figures!

Daniel, this is a super 1st diorama you can be proud of! The best part is the fun you had with it. Don't ever let modelers like me nitpick you to the point that you stop having fun.
montythefirst
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,055 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 10:03 AM UTC
great job nicely laidout
WilliamJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 16 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts