_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
NEWS
Rotorcraft of The Third Reich book
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 07:27 PM UTC
A new fantastic looking book from MMP covering Helicopters and Auto-gyros Of the Third Reich.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 08:38 PM UTC
Hi Andy

Wow! I'll definitely look out for this one! Mushroom Books are superb value and I happen to have a few German WW2 helos waiting in my stash!

All the best

Rowan
helikitnews
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 02:42 PM UTC
If you're interested in this new book, then you will definitely be interested in "Helicopters of the Third Reich" by Steve Coates (with Jean-Christophe Carbonel).

A review of this book was published by Heli-Kit News in December 2002:

You can read it here:

http://www.helikitnews.com/issues/thirdreich.htm

Cheers, CJ.
mauricethebear2009
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 34 posts
AeroScale: 17 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 01:00 PM UTC
Hello,
I've been lucky enough to have gathered up quite a few books on the German Secret Weapons..including the two helicopter books mentioned on this forum page..i can tell you they are excellent reading along with some amazing photographs..the Mushroom Publishing book has a few pages of full colour pictures of the Helicopters and a 1/72 scale drawing in it..for the price of the book it's well worth hunting down if you have a great interest in the subject..I build in exclusively 1/72 scale (if you want to build the Fa223 Drache in 1/72 you have to get the Huma model!!) i have 3 of the German helicopters so books like these are vital for a good build...i'm still after a very rare decent complete model of the Kolibri in 1/72 by Huma..i have one but it's got a few pieces missing...if anyone knows of where to find one i'd be very grateful for the imformation!!

Hope that helps....Steve in the UK
 _GOTOTOP