_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
In praise of our advertisers
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 02:57 PM UTC
As a member here I don't mind telling an advertiser that I am happy witheir response to my requests or purchases. One such mail order company is Roll Models inc.
http://www.rollmodels.com

A recent purchase arrived with a "thud" on my doorstep. While the single kit I ordered was present also included was a large catalog for 2007. I was amazed to see 128 pages for me to peruse at my leisure. Certainly a good marketing tool for them but a real time saver for someone looking for anything and everything on a certain build topic.

I don't blame Merlin if he wants to move this to general modeling, but for those of you interested in all things bi-plane and etc. This is a great catalog. (A $6.00 USD value for free.)
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2007 - 02:51 PM UTC
Wow folks! I have to give it up to Roden

They have really pitched in to help the early aviation thread and our forum. I have just received a batch of kits to preview and review here. Also several may become Contest prizes for the Early Bird Contest this year.!
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 06:06 PM UTC
Roll Models is at it again with their newest sale.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 - 02:30 PM UTC
Greetings all just a plea here.

When responding to our advertisers or kit manufacturers tell them you saw their ads here on Aeroscale.
05Sultan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
AeroScale: 258 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 - 02:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

As a member here I don't mind telling an advertiser that I am happy witheir response to my requests or purchases. One such mail order company is Roll Models inc.
http://www.rollmodels.com

A recent purchase arrived with a "thud" on my doorstep. While the single kit I ordered was present also included was a large catalog for 2007. I was amazed to see 128 pages for me to peruse at my leisure. Certainly a good marketing tool for them but a real time saver for someone looking for anything and everything on a certain build topic.

I don't blame Merlin if he wants to move this to general modeling, but for those of you interested in all things bi-plane and etc. This is a great catalog. (A $6.00 USD value for free.)

Absolutely right Stephen. Roll Models did the same for me a year or so ago. Huge menu,great sales,good descriptions of the products. Can't say enough good things about them. Very solid.
Cheers!
Rick
RAGIII
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 604 posts
AeroScale: 600 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 03:41 PM UTC
I have been a satisfied Roll Models customer for years. They carry a VERY full line of WW1 stuff, not to mention the other unpleasantness
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2008 - 01:05 AM UTC
Have your photos kicked the bucket? Does your server not give you more than a the space on the head of a pin to store images without asking a pint of blood? Check out our new advertiser "Swapey". It seems like they understand the need for a visual refernce in our hobby. See them and other modelers images at;

http://www.swapey.com/modelling
 _GOTOTOP