_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Nose Art Name Ideas? Got Any?
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 12:05 PM UTC
I am think about names to put on the nose of my planes. I have Nose Art Block (not writers block) right now. Can't think of anything. Can ya help me out?

Thanks!

-Chip

Doesn't matter what kind of plane it is, any will do.
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
AeroScale: 328 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 12:17 PM UTC
If you are not doing a specific aircraft, you can use your girlfriend's name, or you mother's or your wife's (but not all at the same time! #:-) ) Or a cartoon character fromthe time period, artwork from someone like Boris Vallejo, a pun on the enmey's name, man, the possibilities are endless. Even something like "Chip's Ship" or "Chip's Chopper", "Win One for the Chipper" , "Chip Ahoy" maybe witth a caricature of yourself. You get the idea
airwarrior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
AeroScale: 217 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 12:33 PM UTC
i saw this one at the airt and space museum:FLAK BAIT it seems like a good one and would do well on just about any plane #:-)
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
AeroScale: 305 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 12:34 PM UTC
Check out this link
http://windowsmedia.com/9series/Personalization/Skins.asp?page=4&lookup=Skins
" TARGET="_blank">
http://windowsmedia.com/9series/Personalization/Skins.asp?page=4&lookup=Skins

There are some cool pieces of nose art that look pretty easy to replicate. Go to the flight sim web site there is a page with all of them and more on it.

Cool ideas! You can integrate them with the previous posts.

If you have any problems I let me know, we'll get you the art if you want it.

bytepilot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Karnataka, India / भारत
KitMaker: 381 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 05:29 PM UTC
Hi,

There is a pretty good stock of Nose Art images at Historic Wings , and you'll surely find some for the taking.

Look for the 'Pretty Deadly' feature article on their page.
http://www.historicwings.com/features98/noseart/

BP.

PS: They also feature a monthly calendar download, which is IMHO, simply superb !!
Davhowell
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 268 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 07:47 PM UTC
Well If The plane is a Dark Color you Could Call it Black Betty (Old Song) But WOuldnt really match witht he period since the song wasnt created then Or you could call it Bam Bam Bugs And HAve Bugs Bunny on it. If its a Bomber or a Strafing type Plane You Could call it Ground Pounder. Or You could call it After What State the pilot is from like "Kentucky Killer" Or something. Thats all I can think of You Could Call It Komodo After the Komodo Dragon a Strong Animal Thats Very Deadly and Hard to Kill. Used to use that as my Callsign in old Flight Sims and In Multiplayer Flight sims
 _GOTOTOP