Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Hasegawa 1/32 scale FW190A
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 07:51 AM UTC

This is a Hasegawa 1/32 scale FW-190A. I built it to hang from the ceiling of a local hobby shop like the 1/32 scale "Frank" I placed on here earlier.
Had a little problem with silvering on the top wing balkenkreuze. Kit went together easily, painted in RLM 74, 75, and 76. Hope you enjoy.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 - 01:25 AM UTC
I bought one of these last week end, along with a Bf 109G-4, at the Hinckley model show. I have also started to build the 190D-9 The 190A that I bought was actually the A-5 and I will be building it in the markings of Hermann Graf. Looks like a nice simple but well detailed and acurate kit. I can't make up my mind as to whether or not to get a resin cockpit for it, as I have done fo the D-9. I won't have any problems with silvering decals as I intend to mask and paint on the main markings

A nice 190A you have there Russell, which manufacturers paints did you use?

Mal
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 - 04:23 AM UTC
Thank you for the kind words. I used polly scale acrylics and some model master acryl on the interior. You really can't go wrong with acrylics in my book!
Wow, masking and painting the markings, pretty impressive! Thanks again. Russell
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 - 10:49 AM UTC
Hi Russell!

Is that the old or the new Hasegawa kit? Anyway, a little weathering (exhausts, tyres, guns, etc...) would probaly enhance the look of the model.
The silvering of the cross can be avoided by cutting the transparent carrier film before applying the decal. Maybe you can still do it with a new and sharp knife.

Are these decals on the nose? They seem to have worked very well...

Jean-Luc
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 04:29 AM UTC
Yes, those are decals on the nose. They worked quite well. Hasegawa decals are somewhat thinner than Academy I noticed. You have to exercise a little care when using them because of that.
I have already cut the decals with an exacto knife and put decal solution over the cuts, not a lot of luck with that so far. The kit is hanging from the ceiling at a hobby shop right now so I am not going to worry about it. I may simply not of gloss coated the outer wing portions enough, that may be why I had the problems with them. Funny how sometimes you have silvering problems and sometimes you don't. Thanks, Russell.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 01:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You really can't go wrong with acrylics in my book!
Wow, masking and painting the markings, pretty impressive!

I use enamels but I understand your liking acrylics

The German crosses shouldn't be too difficult, simple disks are relatively easy also (Japanese Hinomaru) but concentric circles (British Roundels and Hinomaru with white outline) are very difficult, but not impossible.
See Here

Mal
 _GOTOTOP