_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Academy 1/35 MH-60L PE vs Resin
cheese
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 106 posts
AeroScale: 45 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 10:07 PM UTC
Hi All,

I have searched around for the needed detail for the Academy Blackhawk. I understand the different versions and their specific task oriented necessities. HeavyArty's versions are exceptional along with the recent post (I apoplogize but forgot his name) where the gentleman scratch built some modifications.

The Cobra Company resin sets seem great but I have not had any prior experience with resin and love the sharpness of PE. I have not actually found any reviews or posts on the Eduard's PE UH-60 conversion and their use of.

I was thinking using the CC MH-60 conversion to meet the need for the correction from OOB A version and using Eduard's internal MH-60 PE goodies for the cockpit, gunners, and cargo hold. This link should take you to it: http://www.eduard.cz/

Oh, I currently have the DAP version. Buying another MH-60 (the cheapest I can find) to open up the additional engine bay. It kinda bothered me that the kit came with one engine. Made it feel like it was wimpy. Blackhawks arent wimpy!!!!

Regards,
Mike

ps. I have caught the bug back after 7 years. You guys are really great with helping each other out. Finally found out how to make a kit look like it was used instead of coming straight from the factory.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 - 07:28 PM UTC
Thanks for the compliments. I personally prefer resin and scratch-building myself. The CC sets are great. I highly recommend them.

I haven't used any of the PE for them, but have seen it installed and it looks pretty good.

Good luck on your build.
 _GOTOTOP