_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
corsair
airwarrior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
AeroScale: 217 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 02:59 PM UTC
i'm sure this pales in coparison to some of your stuff but its my first actuall attempt at making a decent aeroplane please reply eith comments suggestions happy modeling!
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 03:48 PM UTC
Looks pretty impressive from what I can see for a first time plane builder. Keep it up and be careful they can be addictive.
jackhammer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 357 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 03:49 PM UTC
That looks like the Revell 1/32 F4U-1D Corsair. You did a fine job. Planes are very much different from armor. Good going and keep on styrening!
SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 04:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That looks like the Revell 1/32 F4U-1D Corsair. You did a fine job. Planes are very much different from armor. Good going and keep on styrening!

Warrior nice looking Corsair.

And Jackus, you would know about the planes, Wouldn't you?
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
AeroScale: 328 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 04:22 PM UTC
Corsair. One of everyone's favorite AC.They looks so cool and sound so good in flight.
Yours looks really good.May I suggest trying to soften the demarkation line between the colors? Also, you exhaust stains might be blacker. Some chalk pastels scrubbed over that will do fine.
airwarrior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 12:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

actually its a 1/48 scale academy f4u1d did it as the pappy boyington paint job. Intresting fact :this plane wasn't actually used by pappy as his "personal" aeroplane it was mereley used for a photo shoot, the crew was even in such a hurry some of the kill marks are backwards or crooked!hehehe you can find anything on the web
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 01:34 PM UTC
Indeed a great subject to build. It looks like you did a pretty good job. The demarcation lines between the paint colors look good and the canopy looks great. It looks like you pulled off your first attempt pretty good in my opinion.
airwarrior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 03:05 PM UTC
thanks for all your suggestions and comments! I would have attempted to make a less clean demarkation line but.... sniff sniff I didn't have an airbrush then will post better pics soon used a VERY cheap cammera
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 06:05 AM UTC
:-) airwarrior, What can be seen looks pretty good. Only one point, and it might be the light or something, but is this in the regular tri-colour scheme? if yes I think the intermediate blue, on the outer lower wings and fuselage sides, should be somewhat greyer. Still looks good though, just mentioned it for future reference. :-)
Mal
airwarrior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 06:52 AM UTC
went by the box, will change that though( well thats what you get for going by the box on one of your first things with wings......hehehe it rhymes )
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 08:01 AM UTC
:-) Hey Airwarrior, as long as your happy with it, did you do it for the corsair group build?
I'm no expert, you might have the right colour, just that the standard tri-colour scheme used intermediate blue. That particular aircraft could have been different, like you say it was a representatve paint scheme, they might not have had the correct colour.:-)
Mal
airwarrior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 08:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

, did you do it for the corsair group build?

Mal

THERES A CORSAIR GROUP BUILD!? wish I did mal,one of my best built planes i've built yet
 _GOTOTOP