_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Skycrane in 1/48th Scale!!
TreadHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
AeroScale: 370 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 10:12 PM UTC
Howdy fellas,

SORRY ....didn't mean to get yer hopes up with that Topic title {because don't we ALL want one of those?} but, I came across this pic of a scratchbuilt Skycrane that is just so superbly built, it needed to get some eyeball time from any fans out there.........

......nice huh?

Man o' man, I wish some manufacturer would make one of these available in that scale, or...........to really get greedy, 1/35th!!.......yeah..

I don't suppose anybody out there has any inside connections with the likes of Trumpeter or?

Tread.
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 12:36 AM UTC
A beautiful model to say the least, but gee you want a 1/35 Skycrane. We aren't taking shelf space anymore we are talking acreage, that's a BIG eggbeater.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 12:45 AM UTC
Yup, looks great. I have seen that one somewhere before. He did a great job on it.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 01:40 AM UTC
Fantastic!

Skycrane is one of those roto-thingies that I would buy in 1/48, and maybe even in 1/35!
TreadHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
AeroScale: 370 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 02:46 AM UTC

"....I have seen that one somewhere before......"

That's precisely what I thought when I saw the pic again, which is why I wanted to make sure I posted the photo this time.......

Yeah, a kit of this massive 'Jesus' nut in 1/48th would be just dandy, and in 1/35th I'd be forever grateful and would light candles for the manufacturer with enough 'heuvos' to do it for many moons to come.......heck, while I'm exercising this dreamlike state, why don't I just rub the bottle one more time and wish for a 1/35th scale CH-37 Series Mojave while I'm at it!

Man.......now wouldn't that be the bees knees......

Tread.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 03:56 AM UTC
Yeah It's been out some time so I'm sure your seen it. This guy sure did a beautiful job with it. I think it was like two years ago when I first saw it, after seeing it I got the bug to build one myself. So I went on a massive photo search, bought a 1/72nd scale Skycrane for reference. I also bought a 1/48th 53 for some of the parts. I'm also going to hack up the cab (53"s) to get the shape needed for the 54. It's going to be some work...but I'm sure I'll get to work. Where I'm at with it now, well I have all the reference needed, drawing made up along with numbers and removed the cab from it's fuselage. I doubt I'll even get as close as this guy...

Size in scale,
1/35th...length just over 29''-1/2...height 8''-1/2
1/4th...length just under 22''...height 6''-1/4

Joe
 _GOTOTOP