_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Tamiya A-10A WIP
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 11:13 AM UTC
G'day,

This older 48 scale Tamiya [re-issued] kit is in the Experimental PEANUT Scheme. Kit supplied decals for the 'office' have been added, but the kit seat offering is being replaced with a resin seat [of my own making] ad is the only alteration conducted on what was supplied in the box.
The enamels on this bird are all from the Humbrol range, using #63 [as the base] Light Sand with #83 Ochre and #187 Sand as the intemediate and darker tones, all applied free hand. Masking of the wing leading edge and forward sections of the wing pylons was required before applying the other two colours in the wap-around cammo, the decals being used on this bird are from 'Two Bob's' the sheet # is 48-009, which has both the Peanut and Flipper experimental schemes.

Comments welcome:
trahe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,158 posts
AeroScale: 73 posts
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2007 - 01:25 AM UTC
Rob,

Looks really good so far. Looking forward to seeing it finished. What is the "Flipper" experimental scheme?
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2007 - 02:30 AM UTC
Hi Rob. Looks nice. I really like the color scheme. Is this the older kit with the raised panel lines? Like to see it when your done, Wingman out.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2007 - 09:32 AM UTC
Nice job Rob, beautiful paint job. Look just like what the calls for. I can’t get over how it looks! This is the first time seeing this in this paint scheme. How did you get the painting into the in-lets so perfect! I also bought the same decal sheet for the 32nd Trumpy kit. I’ll be keeping my eye on this as I can’t wait to see it finished, keep us posted.

Tom…the Flipper scheme is in the same pattern only in 3 shades of gray, FS36375, 36270 and 36081

Joe
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 10:44 AM UTC
G'day,

Thanks for the kind words on this WIP bird, to answer your questions in regard to either the Peanut [being 3 Sand tones] or Flipper [being 3 Grey tones] schemes, I've added the scans of the decal instruction sheet, that I used for my Peanut scheme,on tis older Tamiya kit.

Hope this helps.
 _GOTOTOP