JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 08:09 PM UTC
My latest abomination, a Bf 109T of the Jagdgeschwader of Graf Zeppelin, the aircraft carrier for the Kriegsmarine: I will build the Revell AG 1/720 model to accompany it ASAP.

Percheron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 432 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 09:06 PM UTC
What happened?! Why a abomination?
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 02:18 AM UTC
Hi Fred

I agree - what abomination?! Ahh - the Bf 109T - that brings back happy memories... I used to market a conversion kit before the likes of Hasegawa and MPM cottoned on to it.

I met the author of "Sea Eagles - The Messerschmitt Bf 109T", Francis Marshall, back in the '90s and apparently there was some talk that the flame motif on Oberleutnant Herbert Christmann's "Toni" was green, not red as always assumed - but I've never heard anything more to confirm that.

As for the mirror-wave camo, you're braver than me, because I've yet to tackle one! I just wonder if it would be best applied after the national markings, as per the original a/c.

All the best

Rowan
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 09:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As for the mirror-wave camo, you're braver than me, because I've yet to tackle one! I just wonder if it would be best applied after the national markings, as per the original a/c.

Hi Merlin,

You are correct, but I couldn't wait to apply it! My impetuousness gets the best of me sometimes. I think I can 'tidy it up' after the decals go on.

I just had to try the mirror-wave camo again--since I monkeyed it up on my 1/48 JU 88, I figured I'd practice on a 1/72 single-engine

"Abomination", just being a bit self-deprecating for fun.
 _GOTOTOP