_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
Skyhawk build
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 02:43 AM UTC
Hi guys and gals. Thought I'd post some photos of the Skyhwak build.The FoxOne Decals went on very well. I had problems though around the leading edge of the engine intakes and the red spiral stripe on the fuel probe. Those areas were masked with Tamiya Tape and ModelMaster Insignia Red was applied. I did use the "DANGER" part of the decal for the aft area of the intake. I applied thin coats of ModelMaster Dark Gull Gray to the bottom of the model for some weathering. I'm going to give it another coat of Dullcoat to even things out. We're moving in about a week, so we'll see when this bird gets completed. Thanks for looking, Wingman out.
glamdring
KitMaker: 77 posts
AeroScale: 76 posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2007 - 12:09 AM UTC
It looks excellent wingman. I really like the fueling probe! Very cool stuff.
Allen
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2007 - 04:38 AM UTC
Thanks Allen. I just tore down my workbench so I can move it to the new house. I just attached the landing gear, gunsight, flaps and wingtip lights. I hope to be up and building in about a week, we'll see, thanks for your kind comments,thanks for looking, Wingman out.
WingTzun
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 853 posts
AeroScale: 137 posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2007 - 05:02 AM UTC
Looks great. Good luck with the move. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2007 - 06:19 AM UTC
Thanks David. I'm looking forward to the move and to getting this bird done. It seems to take me awhile on these. It will be cool to finish it up on the new work bench, thanks for the kind words, Wingman out.
 _GOTOTOP