_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
WIP Accurate Armour Lynx
harrier1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 613 posts
AeroScale: 46 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 05:59 PM UTC
Hi
Here are some WIP photos of my 1/35 accurate armour lynx. I plan to build a Royal Marines helicopter in iraq in the grey and green camoflauge and am using Lester Plaskitts article in Military Modelling magazine from april 2006 as a build guide. So far I have built (most of) the interior and painted it aswell. Anyway I hope you like it and all comments are welcome. Here goes:
First off a couple of unpainted shots:
the floor, seats are dry fitted

and two of the floor dry fitted inside the air frame:

Now for the paint...

Now a couple of the 'crew' They are all aa figures and the pilots helmet comes from tamiya, it is the leclerc commanders helmet, I would be interested to know whether you guys think this looks alright or do i need to find a new head for him and the copilot. Any way here we go:
The pilot:

the co pilot

The whole crew,( the kneeling guy is going to be the loadmaster and will probably lose the binos, he is the milan teams spotter!!

As stated already, all comments are welcome. Hope you like it. Nick
Murdo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
AeroScale: 211 posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2007 - 04:19 AM UTC
Interesting build so far Nick.

If this is a Royal Marines Heli, why is the co-pilot wearing a red beret? RMP?

harrier1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 12:35 AM UTC
Hi Murdo. Thanks for the comments

Quoted Text

If this is a Royal Marines Heli, why is the co-pilot wearing a red beret? RMP?

Well spotted, should be green!! the reason is that he was originally going to be a co driver for an AA WMIK which was going to be paras, hence the red beret ( I know, it should be maroon!!!) Will change to green, aslong as you think that he does not need to be wearing a flying helmet? If so I can always source another head...
Nick
Murdo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 01:15 AM UTC
Hi Nick,

The co-pilot would be wearing a helmet the same as the Pilots.

Also, the Lynx I remember flying in had the rear seats running from nose to tail, not across the aircraft but then, that was a looooong time ago. Maybe things are different these days.

Good luck. Looks very nice so far,
harrier1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 02:15 AM UTC
Hi Murdo. Thanks for your help. re the seats this is how they are shown in the instructions! Nick
Murdo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 02:43 AM UTC
Ach Nick, I was on them in the '80s'. They've probably changed in every way since then.

How were the AA instructions? I've had some real tense moments over some of them. Kit's have nearly ended in the bin because of the poor AA instructions. Some were just a couple of line drawings.
harrier1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, June 01, 2007 - 06:10 AM UTC
Hi Murdo

Quoted Text

Kit's have nearly ended in the bin because of the poor AA instructions. Some were just a couple of line drawings.

I know the feeling!! Ive built quite a few AA kits in the past and the instructions are always a bit of a problem. These ones are all photographs of the kit during various stages of construction with arrows pointing out the parts. In some of the pictures I must say it is quite difficult to see exactly where the parts go ( Im not looking forward to building teh TOW launchers!!!) However on the upside their explanation for building the IRCM pieces is very well done in a very clear exploded diagram. HTH. Nick
trahe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,158 posts
AeroScale: 73 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 12:23 PM UTC
Nick,

Looks good so far. Keep us posted!
__dmh__
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 33 posts
AeroScale: 32 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 05:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ach Nick, I was on them in the '80s'. They've probably changed in every way since then.

I was in one in the very late 90's and they were as you said - facing out... but the instructions never lie n all that.

I was looking at building a Lynx but the ££ just put me off a bit.
 _GOTOTOP