_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
FEATURE
Aircraft in Comics 10
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, June 01, 2007 - 04:19 AM UTC

Episode 10 of Aircraft in Comics features some of the most incredible WW2 combat scenes produced by Francis Bergèse. Despite the fact that the excerpts are from a comic called "the Battle of Britain", the story goes from the Dunkirk days until the last days of the Luftwaffe!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 08:38 PM UTC
Wow! I quite agree that this is some of the best comics on German WWII planes I have ever seen. The shape of the planes are represented very good although some of the markings look fictional.

Thanks for sharing
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 07:21 AM UTC
waw, ain't those drawings magnificent

Can you imagine the amount of research needed to make such a strip, and the time it costs to actually make it!!!
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 03:41 AM UTC
These are excellent works! One question, did the unicorn pilot survive the P-51?

I grew up reading various military comics and these influenced my seeking a career in art as an illustrator. Enemy Ace,
The Haunted Tank, and
Sgt. Rock were my original enjoyments, but I really treasured issues with Sam Glanzman's autobiographical USS Stevens ( in the page is the first page of one of my favorite storys: Dragonfly ).

Glanzman was one of my favorite artists, but IIRC my favorite was John Severin. My pencil and pen & ink scratchings are greatly influenced by their techniques and style.
 _GOTOTOP