_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
June 07 MOM contest thread
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, June 01, 2007 - 06:52 AM UTC
Post extra pictures and information about your model for the June MOM here. Don't forget to read the rules and post one picture in the gallery (for voting purposes). MOM June07
Best of luck to everyone
Mal

Rules for the new Model of the Month.

1. Entries must be of your own work.
2. The model must be of an aircraft.
3. The model can be in any scale and in any medium.
4. The model can be “out of the box”, scratch built, or anything in between.
5. The model must be finished within the month for which it is entered. The model could have been started some time before the MOM for which it is entered, it is the month in which it is actually finished that counts. So if it isn't finished this month it may be ready for next month or the month after
6. 1 picture is to be uploaded into the relevant gallery and titled with what the model is of, I.E. VS Spitfire Mk Vc. No composites. This picture must be of just the model, no base. (For a model posed in the "in Flight" configuration" a small stand is allowed which can be used to either support the model or as a counter weight. A beaching dolly can be used for a float plane.
7. A thread will be opened in the general aircraft forum in which you can add up to 3 further pictures and details about the build. The model can appear on a base or even in a diorama in this thread. Pictures must not be larger than 700 pixels wide, in either the gallery or the information thread. If you wish to post further pictures then open your own thread.
8. Pictures of models can be placed in the gallery from the first of the month until the penultimate day of the month (the next to last day) (see “5” above). (This is to avoid the time zone difference, I'm working on GMT)
9. Voting will take place over the first half of the next month, closing on the 16th. (This will be between 18.00 and 00.01 GMT)
10. At the moment there are no prizes but this is being looked into.Dragon are sponsoring this from June 2007.
11. Staff members of the Kitmaker group of sites cannot enter.
12. The rules will be added to when and if it is deemed necessary.
13. Any none complience with these rules may result in disqualification.
14. Ignorance of these rules is not an excuse for not abiding by them.

Link to Gallery Area

Mal
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 10:59 AM UTC
This is my entry for June MOM.
Tamiya P47 Razorback in 1:72
The kit was built OOB and painted with Tamiya Acyrlics and Humbrol Enamels.Decals are from an Aztec set and the model is finished in the markings of Lt Sam Stamps of 63FS,56FG early 1944.

A build thread can be found HERE
Lots more photos of the finished model can be found HERE
Thanks for looking and good luck everyone.
Nige
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2007 - 04:27 AM UTC
Mal.
The link to the gallery works ok,but when I try to upload a photo theres no option in the drop down menu to upload into June MOM.
Is it just me having trouble in my old age?
Nige
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 07:27 AM UTC
Hi Nige,
Err, I'll take a look
I have uploaded a pic, but that doesn't mean that it's working for you
The link takes you straight to the June gallery and the upload butten is on the top banner. Take a look and get back to me if you still have no joy. I'll remove my, doubly, illegal pic when you have uploaded yours
It may be better, in the future, that the link takes you to just the MOM galleries, then you can choose where you need to be. It might save any confusion?
Mal
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 07:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Nige,
Err, I'll take a look
I have uploaded a pic, but that doesn't mean that it's working for you

Hi Mal!

It's probably not working because the "usergroups can upload to this category" button wasn't checked for "Users".
It should work fine now...

Jean-Luc
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 03:09 AM UTC
It works fine now guys thanks.
Picture uploaded
Nige
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 05:56 AM UTC
Thanks J-L I'll remove my pic now

Mal
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 08:57 AM UTC

Roden 1/32 Albatross D.III flown by Vizefeldwebel Jacobsen.

The flowers were individually hand painted. They are white with yellow centers.

This model has a thread started under the Early Aviation Forum titled "Roden's 1/32 Albatros D.III Daffodil Scheme"

camogirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,045 posts
AeroScale: 622 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 09:47 AM UTC
Here's my entry it is Revell's (nee Hasegawa) 1/48 MK IX.C. It is built oob the only addition was an eduard etched seat harness. Finally got it finished through my boughts of sever depression. It was airbrushed using Humbrol Enamels and it was weathered and panel lined using artist oil's Paynes Grey. Tamiya weathering compacts rust, soot and oil were used to create the exhaust stains and general wear and tear on the aircraft.

Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 09:57 AM UTC
Here's my entry for this month (i finished a couple of weeks ago but only took the photos tonight after realising that I haven't entered anything for this month.

It's the 1/48 Italeri Eurofighter with the Eduard etch set and Airwaves seat. It's finished in the Italian test scheme. I used Xtracolour paint for the main colour and Humbrol for other details the aircraft was given minimal weathering as it represents the prototype in the early stage.

Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 11:45 PM UTC
Hey, it's still not too late to enter!
So here's my entry for this month's MOM.
P-39Q, 1:48 scale, built from Eduard's kit.
For detailing, I used a PE set from the same manufacturer ( I didn't get the profipack version in the first place), .50 cal machine gun details from Aires for the fuselage MG's. The brake lines in the landing gears are thin wire instead of the flat PE offered in the detail set. I also ditched the cannon part offered in the kit (nothing more than a solid plug of plastic) and made a new one from brass tubing and a left-over smoke launcher part from a Stug III kit. The kit-supplied plastic pitot tube was also replaced with a scratch-built one made from metal tubing and stiff wire.
The model was painted with acrylics, mostly by lifecolor and xtracrylics. Kit-decals were used. Weathering was done mainly with pastel dust.

Additional pics as well as WIP shots can be found in the two "down low" campaign official threads. (the links lead to the page where I started posting pics)
Thread number ONE
Thread number TWO
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
AeroScale: 575 posts
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2007 - 10:57 PM UTC
My entry for the month

1:72 scale Hobby Boss Quick Kit

Andy
 _GOTOTOP