_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
Suggestions for the future?
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 07:41 PM UTC
Hi all

We're doing well, but that's no excuse for resting on our laurels. As Staff_Jim always says, "Change is good!" - so what new things would you like to see us doing on Aeroscale - or what existing things could we do better?

To get the ball rolling, I'll quote the comments from Phantom 2 (Stefan Ericsson) in the "Onward and Upward" thread:

Quoted Text

Some suggestons;

An easier way to submit pictures and features, I still find It akward and a bit difficult.
But thatīs maybe me as well who canīt get along with the system!
A chatroom where we can meet and "speak" in "real time" would be fun.

Well, that was some of my thoughts about Aeroscale!

Keep up the good work everybody!

Cheers!

Stefan E

So everybody - put your thinking caps on - how can we make Aeroscale even better in future?

All the best

Rowan
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 08:12 PM UTC
hai

Some time ago I have already sent you a heap of "wild" ideas, I won't repeat all these here but I would appreciate some feedback one day if my suggestions are considered to be completely mad (most likely) or purely brilliant (virtually impossible).

For here and now:

As a bit of a computer freak i would like to see some info on the technology used on this site and the ideas about the evolution of this

I would like seeing the personal message system evolve into a complete mailsystem so that i can drop hotmail and yahoo...

Maybe more important because directly related to the hobby:

- a wikimedia system on "the art of aircraft modelling" would be nice. It could start with the content of the already very interesting articles we have on the site, it would make the threshold to contribute with tips and tricks relatively low, it can be completely monitored as to the content, it could constantly evolve to become THE modelling manual on the net...
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 10:06 PM UTC
Hi Drabslab

Let me apologise straight away if I didn't respond to something you sent me! I have to admit this doesn't ring any bells, but I can be such a dunce sometimes, that's not entirely surprising...

I don't know - maybe it was while I was away, but never throw anything away, so I'll check back through my old PMs.

All the best

Rowan
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 11:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Drabslab

Let me apologise straight away if I didn't respond to something you sent me! I have to admit this doesn't ring any bells, but I can be such a dunce sometimes, that's not entirely surprising...

I don't know - maybe it was while I was away, but never throw anything away, so I'll check back through my old PMs.

All the best

Rowan

Ow, i did not mean anything negative or aggressive with my remark. You replied with PM something like "I will forward this to Jim" but I never got any feedback as to my suggestions were considered as feasible or not.

Which is not at all that important. Your work and the other staffs work is highly appreciated and I do completely support that you have to concentrate the available time on the priorities of the site and not on issues of third concern.

have fun

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2007 - 04:04 PM UTC
Ok from the Early Aviation Hangar.

1. More barracks space for the all - girl ground crew. (24 of them you know.)
2. increase the whiskey/ Rum rations for the weekends.
3. A chef for the mess hall two would be better.
4. Food ration increases for the mess hall ( holiday season and all.)
5. Three 50,000 btu air conditioner units for the Hangar.
6. 50% Increase in operations funding.
7. Full reimbursement for all travel and maintenance expenses.
8. New transportation befitting my hardware. ( the mororcycle and side car are worn out.
9. A third shift of monkeys for the fire suppresion system. ( They're unionizing.)
10. A new Mess blg. and cooking equipment.
11. Increased paid vaction to match Merlin's.
12. a new king sized water bed. Mine is worn out.
13. Silk sheets for the king sized water bed.
14. New down pillows for the King sized water bed.
15. New king sized bed comforter. ( It going to be a cold winter.)
16. New bed ticking for the all-girl ground crew ( 24 of them.)
17. Check my back pay it hasn't arrived.

Thine
Lieut Gen. S.T. Lawson
for the correctness of the report etc etc. . .
m_buchler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 137 posts
AeroScale: 103 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 06:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... - or what existing things could we do better?

Just my thoughts, but as beautiful as this site is, I oftentimes miss a lot of good stuff, because there are just wayyy too many forum divisions. I mean, if I build a Mustang, I'm torn between whether to post my stuff in "WW2" or "Pre-Flight Check", for example. I just think a lot of the various departments can easily be consolidated, thereby allowing the user to see a lot more cool stuff more quickly and easily, rather than having to jump from forum to forum to forum. Maybe just Props, Jets, Armour, Figures, Scratchbuilding, Techniques, Contests, Helos, Buy/Sell, and Feedback. That about covers it all, I think most modeling-related things should fit into any one of these topics. An Off-Topic forum should be avoided, as this is what a P.M. is for, and no one really wants to see photos of my pet guinea pig anyways.

Other than that, I have to commend the staff on their work on this fine website. It is by far the best modeling website I have yet to discover.

Cordially-
Mark
 _GOTOTOP