_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Roden has been attacked!
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 06:13 AM UTC
Greetings all;

Note immediately if you have been to Roden's website check your antivirus. About 6-10 people at the Aerodrome .com noted that when checking a link on their DH 4 that the antivirus software on their computer went in to high gear. Mine did too! Fortunately a decent antivirus will protect you.

1. check your antivirus "Chest"
2. Delete the contents.
3. Delete all of your temporary internet files and cookies.
(This is a normal cleaning procedure that everyone should follow.)
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 06:37 AM UTC
Here is their reply. . .
Dear Mr. Stephen T. Lawson!

Thank You a lot for Your notification. We are already busy with solving this problem and next week the site will be available again. We are busy now with technical diagnostics.

Sorry for these inconveniences.

Yours truly
Olga,
Roden Ltd
Dwaynewilly
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 365 posts
AeroScale: 344 posts
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2007 - 11:11 AM UTC
I've heard of hacker groups in Russia and other places that are organizing to attack websites of their choice, corporate or governmental. They do this by planting codes or "viruses" into servers around the internet that then turn PC's who access these servers into robots. These robots essentially flood the target websites with loads of messages that slow them to a crawl. The servers that are seeded with the codes or "viruses" have no idea that they are being used to distribute these little packages of fun because they rarely have any affiliations with the targeted website. Cyber terrorism I think it's being called. If this is an example of it then it shows that these groups are probing into ever smaller corners of the internet to exploit. Looks like we're all on the front lines of the cyber wars. This is not just your Religious Fundamentalist form of terrorist we're speaking of here. They are also extortionists, mob based or just power trip, egomaniacal terrorists who rule the cyberworld and that the many are living at the whim and mercy of this arrogant and disenfranchised techno elite.
Dwayne
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 - 08:16 AM UTC
Greetings fellow wing nuts!

Roden has evidently overcome the virus! They are back up and running. Though there is one case where some images are in the wrong gallery. I am sure they will get to it. Another day of Champagne and fish eggs!

http://www.rodenplant.com/
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 10:09 AM UTC
ATTENTION!!! I just checked their site and their is a message saying under construction. Stand by for more.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2007 - 04:38 PM UTC
I checked last night and they were back up and all facets operational.
 _GOTOTOP