_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Fokker D.VII (Fokker built) - profiles
Roxter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rigas, Latvia
KitMaker: 268 posts
AeroScale: 245 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 - 09:47 PM UTC
I've got Roden's 1/48 Fokker D.VII F kit I plan to start soon. The only colour scheme I like it Loerzer's black and white striped Fokker.

Are there any others more interesting camo schemes that could be possibly built from Roden's 1/48 Fokker D.VII F?

Thanx in advance!
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 - 10:18 PM UTC
Greetings Roxter!
Quite literally there are beau coup colour profiles for the Early Fokker D.VII with a BMW (the "F" designation). I recommend the Anthology series on the Fokker D.VII from Windsock or just going through my posts here. Pick a Jasta from JG I like Jasta 4,10 or 11 (Jasta 6 didn't get the Fokker builts the were issued OAW built Fokker D.VII types).

There are some other Jastas as well particularly Jasta 15 from JG II. Or Jasta Boelcke from JG III. Try the Osprey pubishing books by Greg Van Wyngarden "Fokker D.VII Aces " books (1 & 2) for some great profiles of early Fokker D.VII F (BMW) or with the Mercedes inline six they were simply Fokker D.VII but the Schwerin (Fokker factory) early production machines had their hallmarks. Different camouflage patterns or lozenge locations even streak camouflage on the fuselage. Jasta 7 has a few as well and you might look for some of these in the old Aeromaster /Eagle strike decal sheets now only available by Squadron mail order or e-bay.

SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 - 11:13 PM UTC
You could also check out Hannants. They have a lot of decals sets for the Fokker D.VII.

I am a little unsure about what type of Fokker D.VII I am getting in the Eduard double combo, but if it is the same type as yours, you can probably get a set of decals from this when I get it.

I am planning to build one in German WWI colours and another in Polish post WWI colours for the between the wars campaign. However, it depends on when our LHS will get it in stock.
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 - 11:36 PM UTC
Here is the link for Hannants. There are quite some decal sets - including one for the Fokker D.VII Goring crashed in Sweden. It was later reapired and included in the Swedish airforce.

Fokker D.VII decal sets from Hannants
Roxter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rigas, Latvia
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 - 11:44 PM UTC
Thanx for answering, Colleagues!

I've surfed the Internet for the colour schemes for Fokker built D.VII and I'm getting more and more convinced about Bruno Loerzer's Fokker D.VII, which is flabmoyant enough for me -
like this one here

I imagine the amount of masking work.

Roxter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rigas, Latvia
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 12:22 AM UTC
Stephen, what your thoughts would be on this subject.

Although I guess I have to study whether the subject is Fokker, Alb or OAW built, knowing its serial number.. And those spoked wheels look very... very.. dreadful to me
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 06:06 AM UTC
It isn't really hard to find a colorful D.VII. The problem is deciding on a colorful D.VII. Roden and Eduard give you plenty of decal options. Then there are AM Decals. I think you will really be happy with your choice though.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 01:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Stephen, what your thoughts would be. Although I guess I have to study whether the subject is Fokker, Alb or OAW built, knowing its serial number.. And those spoked wheels look very... very.. dreadful to me

Latvia is known to have at least two Fokker D.VII types serial numbers were 4 &16. One of them (the white one in your images) was destroyed in the crash on 26 Feb. 1924 when Capt. Edvins Bitte became disorientated in a fog. He appeared to be uninjured but died 3 days later due to an undetected skull fracture.

From the side panels on #4 it is a late Schwerin type. #16 maybe an Albatros built also a fairly late production machine.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 02:10 PM UTC
Here is a bit of fun concerning an early Fokker (Schwerin) built D.VII. There is a fellow having a fullscale replica built to represent D. 505/18.

This scheme was available from Aeromaster / Eagle Strike in 1/48 and this URL thread I am posting makes a nice supplament to this scheme.

Jim Miller art for 505/18

Just for the sake of having them in one place. For more reading on the various license built Fokker D.VII represented in kit form.
Click here
Click Here II
Click Here III
Click Here IV
Click Here V
Click Here VI
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2008 - 10:27 AM UTC
Isn't it about time for Eduard to re-release a D.VII kit with some new decals? I haven't seen anything on their website. But I think a new release would be nice.
CMOT70
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 629 posts
AeroScale: 539 posts
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2008 - 12:17 PM UTC
Yes a re-box special edition with post war markings would be nice, then we could buy the coming weekend edition kits to use up all the decals. You can't have too many DVII's after all.

I think a boxing with Dutch, Swiss, Finnish and Latvian markings would be just right.

Andrew
Roxter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rigas, Latvia
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2008 - 06:50 PM UTC
I've heard that Eduard will release Dr.1 this springtime - that's what I wait for
 _GOTOTOP