_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
GPS PhotoEtch?
Rittersbach
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 83 posts
AeroScale: 80 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 11:54 AM UTC
Whenever GPS gets more precise, I am going to develop a micro tracking chip and sell it to all the model manufactures so they can implant them onto each individual piece of PE so I can find all the hundreds of PE pieces I have lost in my carpet. But until then, I am going to paint them all fluorescent orange, take out all the carpet in my model room, and magnetize the entire floor. Then maybe my wife will stop hearing me say AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 04:29 PM UTC
When do you loose them? Cutting from fret or applying them?

If you loose them when cutting from a fret. Then put the fret in a clear plastic zip lock back notch one corner and cut part loose through the closed bag and then pick up the bag letting the part fall out on a white sheet of paper.

If you loose them in application moisten the tips of your tweezers and never pinch the part to pick it up. Let it ride the tip on the moisture.
Rittersbach
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 83 posts
AeroScale: 80 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 03:06 PM UTC
Thanks for the tip Stephen. I lose them either way but I was just venting a little frustration online. Sorry for taking up the bandwidth...
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 11:08 PM UTC
Venting about problems is never a bad thing. Your usually looking for answers. Thats what we are here for. Rants however are verboten and I have yet to see anyone here rant. No worries!
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 04:59 AM UTC
Use adhesive tape to stick the pieces on before you cut them loose. This helps for me
 _GOTOTOP