_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
German fighter personal paint jobs
steve-o
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 545 posts
AeroScale: 23 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 01:58 AM UTC
Hello!

Im looking for a webite that shows different paint schemes for specific pilots.

I'm currently reading Jeff Sharra's "To the Last Man" and am getting very interested in WWI Aviation, and therefore WWI models, and therefore something else to eat up my salary.

Thanks for any help!

- Steve
vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 07:04 AM UTC
The WINGS PALETTE site probably has the largest all-round collection of aircraft profiles, including a fair number from WWI.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 08:35 AM UTC
There are several places where you can find colour schemes for WWI aircraft (and specifically German related aircraft.) Ray Rimell's Windsock Datafiles can be seen in our thread her "Valuable References." His Datafiles have colour schemes avilable by aircraft type.

There is a site where one fellow has a CD of WWI colour schemes available for sale but I can't recommend it as there are some errors that should be fixed and have not.

Insignia and Kagaro magazines are availble through Squadron mail order. They usually cover specific aircraft and have the relavent diecals.

Aeromaster and Eagle Strike decals are now available through Squadron Mail Order as well. They include a good range of WWI decals.

_GOTOTOP