_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Command and Conquer Generals Plane?
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2003 - 01:29 AM UTC
Anybody here had played Command and Conquer Generals? If so, you have seen the Aurora Bomber of the USA and the MIG of the China. Now, are they really or was in "service"? I mean are they based from true planes? I know the Raptor and Stealth Figther were true but this aircraft have been riddling me.

P.S. What are their codes (e.g. F-22 Raptor)?

AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
AeroScale: 328 posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2003 - 04:56 AM UTC
The Aurora is a speculative "black" project, i.e., there are rumors of such a plane, which either has extreme maneuverability characteristics or can fly higher and faster than the SR-71. If it exists, there are no public photos. Testors, I think, had a "model" of it, or at least their concept of what it would look like. Considering that the first model of the B-2 was a triangle and Monogram's "F-19 Stealth Fighter" were pretty far off the mark for the final product, that kit may have little, if any, relationship to whatever may become the Aurora. Testor's "F-19 Steath Fighter" bore some interesting resemblances to the Have Blue project, on the other hand.
TwistedFate
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 805 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2003 - 09:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Testor's "F-19 Steath Fighter" bore some interesting resemblances to the Have Blue project, on the other hand.

The only similarity I remember it having with Have Blue is the inward slanting Verticle stabs, am I forgetting something else??
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
AeroScale: 328 posts
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2003 - 03:53 PM UTC
The overall size and configuration. A friend of a friend in the AC field inthe know looked at that kit and gave a knowing smile when he saw it. WHile the Have Blue was more angular, the kit was more rounded, except for the angle canopy option.
 _GOTOTOP