_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
My Kits I show mine you show me . . .
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 12:44 AM UTC
Greetings all;
I was recently asked how I display my models. So at our recent fly-in I shot this. Many are close to the floor so the little folk and 1/3 scale humans - kids can have something to look at too. There are about 107 displayed here with 20 more waiting for nameplates. Show us some of your Early Aviation displays.
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts
AeroScale: 1,004 posts
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 08:37 PM UTC
Hi Stephen
Is this the Sopwith Pup, an old Eduard painted as C242 from Netheravon 1918?

If so do you have any pics of it without all that glass?.I´m going to finish my kit with that paintscheme.

Larsa
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 10:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Stephen
Is this the Sopwith Pup, an old Eduard painted as C242 from Netheravon 1918?
If so do you have any pics of it without all that glass?. I´m going to finish my kit with that paintscheme. Larsa

Yes Larsa I did it in that scheme. I used the Blue Rider decals. (Great set by the way and I think they are still available.)

The title of this diorama is "He told you to paintit that way?!"

It concerns a staff officer's visit to Netheravon and his questioning the Sgt in charge of maintenace.
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 10:38 PM UTC
Din´t know about that set off decals- was planing to mask and paint it.just the numbers on the tail still to be found.
Guess I´ll have to start searhing for this decal
Thanks for sharing this image Stephen, just love that scheme

Larsa
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 10:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Din´t know about that set off decals- was planing to mask and paint it.just the numbers on the tail still to be found. Guess I´ll have to start searhing for this decal
Thanks for sharing this image Stephen, just love that scheme
Larsa

I just took the stairway down to the dungeon ("stayclose to the candles. The staircase can be treacherous." from Frau Blucher). The decal serial is BR514 Colourful Pup sheets.
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 02:39 AM UTC
Hannants have the BR514 Colourful Pup sheet, so it´s ordered and also a windsock for the Staaken
Thanks Stephen

Larsa
backstop13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 11 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 04:08 AM UTC
Howdy Stephen,

Awesome looking displays...I really like the look of it. By any chance, could you tell me what type of acrylic boxes your using inside the cases? They look like something I would purchase to put some of my finished kits in.

Thanks in advance.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 10:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Howdy Stephen, Awesome looking displays...I really like the look of it. By any chance, could you tell me what type of acrylic boxes your using inside the cases? They look like something I would purchase to put some of my finished kits in. Thanks in advance.

Greetings Mark;

All of my display boxes are made by "Bill's Boxes" out of Kiowa Colorado. I think he advertises in Finescale but I can post contact information if you like.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 02:43 AM UTC
Hi Stephen . I really like your display cases . I have two curio stands with glass doors and they light up as well with locks to keep hands off , but mostly to keep my cat from thinking he is a pilot and seeing if they can fly . Each one can hold about 30 - 40 aircraft .
 _GOTOTOP