_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
Best way to clean the airbrush
marauder75
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Firenze, Italy
KitMaker: 8 posts
AeroScale: 5 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 05:51 AM UTC
Hi guys, I just have a question that might seem obvious for someone, but not so much for someone who has begun this hobby since either a year ... Which might be the best way to clean the airbrush pen? I have tried to clean it with a solvent based on nitro, but i would like to use something else (at least less toxic) next time .... Do you have any suggestion? Thank in advance ...
HawkeyeV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 319 posts
AeroScale: 129 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 02:16 AM UTC
Depends on what you are using for paints. If you are using acrylics, then Windex should be just fine. If you are spraying enamels, then lacquer thinner...you don't need a whole lot.

Regardless of the medium you use to clean, properly tearing down the brush to clean everything is key for proper operation and longevity.

alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 04:21 AM UTC
Have a look here ..although I use my airgun for years I still learned a few tricks:

https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net//features/1204

HTH

cheers

Steffen
Moeggo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 169 posts
AeroScale: 132 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 09:55 PM UTC
I use automotive brake cleaner!! Cheap cans from the local shop. Once finished painting, I blast a bit of water through first (I use acrylics) an the while holding down the trigger blast a couple shots down. Automotive brake cleaner doesn't harm any rubber o'rings are in the airbrush.
 _GOTOTOP