_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Hanriot HD.1...need info
gott_cha
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 20 posts
AeroScale: 14 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 03:41 AM UTC
Hello to all!

UPS just dropped off my newest kit,..Eduards weekend edition Hanriot HD.1.
This is my first quality kit and I must say I'm impressed by the clean molding of the parts. I'm only built smer and Testors kits so far. This should be a fine build.

Ok,...there are xtra parts in the kit not included on the instruction sheet. These parts are on fret B...or is it B part 2? The reviews on this kit don't include a picture of this fret. Is this new? was I supposed to get this?

Anyway it looks as if this fret is for a seaplane version. Does anyone have any info about that version of the Hanriot?
I think it would make a great addition to my WW1 collection.

P.s. Ive searched the archives here and cant find anything.

Mark
guitarlute101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,121 posts
AeroScale: 1,063 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 04:51 AM UTC
Mark,

I'm building the Hanriot HD.2 for the "When I flew with " campaign. Click on the "Forums" button above then click on Air Campaign and then go to "When I flew with.....official thread", page 4. I'll help you as much as possible.

Mark
Kalt
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Mendoza, Argentina
KitMaker: 222 posts
AeroScale: 219 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 05:04 AM UTC
Check the Eduard page:

http://www.eduard.cz/

It seems that somebody at Eduard made a mistake and put in your Weekend kit the floats of the Hanriot HD.2 Floatplane (Kit. 8039). Here is the link for the box contents of this kit:

http://www.eduard.cz/products/card.php?id_product=919&name=hanriot&catalogue_nb=&type=&pgroup=&scale=&product_month=&product_year=&page_start=0

And here is the link for the HD.1 Weekend version:

http://www.eduard.cz/products/card.php?id_product=4956&name=hanriot&catalogue_nb=&type=&pgroup=&scale=&product_month=&product_year=&page_start=0

I hope it helps,

Best regards,

Claudio
gott_cha
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 05:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Check the Eduard page:

http://www.eduard.cz/

It seems that somebody at Eduard made a mistake and put in your Weekend kit the floats of the Hanriot HD.2 Floatplane (Kit. 8039).

Wow,...my good!!!
gott_cha
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 05:30 AM UTC
Hey Mark I checked out the post,......looks good man,..cant wait until you post more pics of yours. Im very interested in the rigging for the float braces. Another question if I may,...this is the weekend kit,..where would I go for a PE set for this bird,...and does anyone make resin detail parts for her?
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 06:17 AM UTC
Bonus on the floats!
MerlinV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 608 posts
AeroScale: 602 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 11:20 AM UTC
Did you get the larger Vertical Stabilizer and Rudder that go with the floats as well?
I might have the instructions for that version lying about somewhere at home... If I didn't chuck 'em out after I did the build (was about 8 years ago).

Cheers,

Hugh
gott_cha
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2008 - 04:59 AM UTC
Merlin V,..I got the entire fret with tail fin, floats and braces,..but the standard version instruction .
If you could locate them I would be most obliged and in your debt sir!
Kalt
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Mendoza, Argentina
KitMaker: 222 posts
AeroScale: 219 posts
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2008 - 06:49 AM UTC
gott_cha: You can download the instructions from the Eduard page, here is the link:

http://www.eduard.cz/products/card.php?id_product=919&name=hanriot&catalogue_nb=&type=&pgroup=&scale=&product_month=&product_year=&page_start=0

Just copy and paste the address and then click "Instruction Sheet"

Best regards,

Claudio
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 01:50 AM UTC
It's always nice when that happens . I have the first release of this kit and the weekend edition as well and the moldings are the same for both kits , just different markings . Edaurd has come a long ways since they first started making kits in the early 90's which they relied on PE parts for most of the aircraft they produce . Roden also is up there as well better priced then what the Eduard kits are so if you do have the opportunity to pick one up do so . You will not be disappointed .
gott_cha
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 03:52 AM UTC
Kalt,.thanx for the Eduard link, Ive printed the sheet out!

TheGirl; Terri Ive had a chance to look in a Roden kit at my LHS,..they look great! The decals seem to be a bit better quality also.

Well so far Ive built a Smer Nieuport, an old Aurora SE5,..a Smer Albatros D.III and a Testors Spad. I started rigging cutting lengths of fine wire but have switched to monofilament with the Albatros. This Hanriot will incorporate all the techniques Ive learned from you folks here. I must say the worst thing in these posts are 10x better than my best as of now. I'm going to keep trying!

One more thing,..Im going to build the Hanriot as U.S. Navy,...who would be my best bet on finding decals for it?

Many thanks!!
 _GOTOTOP