_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
WNW LVG or ANY plywood sim Decals
mgtaylor
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 59 posts
AeroScale: 56 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 07:23 AM UTC
Dear Family

SPADA has temporialy been Out of Production while it is being moved to the U.S..

It is still not quite in FULL production yet. I am hoping for the end of the month ?

However for those of you building German Plywood Finished Aircraft. THE FIRST Unique SPADAUSA WE (Wood Effect) WE005 Decale Re-Prints have been Sucessful and are availalbe again.

Contact me directly thru my profile email.

SPADA's "Wood Effect" Decales have been a unique product. Unlike traditonal Wood Grained Decals which up to now all have been of printed wood grain either out of scale, and or out of color.

SPADA has Laser Printed a simulated Wood Grain Pattern on a clear sheet decal which in eefect allows the User to change or alter the final appearance by the choice of the wood colored base coat they paint on their subject beucase the Decal it self is near Opaque.

THsi is not a plug for the product only informing those who have missed it that is once again available now.

Yours Mike
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
AeroScale: 289 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 08:16 AM UTC
I'm interested! What scales do you offer?
mgtaylor
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 59 posts
AeroScale: 56 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 09:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What scales do you offer?

For now all three standard Scales 72/48/32

there are seven different Grain Patterns only three have a tint to them, the rest are printed in grey scale and add a grain to an otherwise very dark wood color.

WE003 has a choclatey Brown to its Burl type pattern. WE004 is a light colored pressed wood type grain and WE005 is a definate unfinished Plywood tint and pattern to it.

The rest are other distictive patterns which can be layed on top of a color to produce a faux wood .

Yours Mike.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 04:48 PM UTC
Excellent Mike! When you say that you have a bit of a surprise for us it turns out to be a good one!. Congrats on the acquistition. I'll be coming to you in the near future on these.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2010 - 03:26 AM UTC
I have acquired some of these and they do look good.
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2010 - 09:26 AM UTC
Hi Michael:

I have used these as well on my LVG build and I do like them. With the variety of grain effects you can get a realistic finish.
 _GOTOTOP