1/72 Messerschmitt P.1099
TheZOX
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Slovenia
KitMaker: 86 posts
AeroScale: 75 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 - 11:54 PM UTC
Hi.

This is my me P.1099 from revell that I build as a kid. I used revell enamels and mixed them precisely as it was written in the instrictions.

The green colour should be RLM 82 and the grey witch actually should be brown was ment to be RLM 81....... yeah I know what you are thinking: "not even close my friend".

On the box it looks like this:

And exactly thats what I want to get. I will use gunze acrylics to paint the model. Top will be painted with RLM 81, 82 and the bottom with RLM 65.

Right now the model looks like this:

The paint was stripped using "mr.muscolo" and the plastic was wet sandet with 500 grit sandpaper.

I still have to fix the canopy. Note the glue residue on the front. I will sand it with 2000 grit sand paper and than polish it to make it fully transparent again.

The whole model will get rivet lines when Im finished with puttying and fixing small gaps.
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 02:24 AM UTC
Ambitious project. I remember re-building one of my Dad's corsairs 20 years ago that he had built probably 15 before that. It's not easy.

Your build when you were a kid is better than any of mine.
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 - 02:11 PM UTC
Great job there. As a kid I often didn't even paint my models! Ha ha, just tossed them together to have a kit done and threw the decals on. You're work looks good. Russell
TheZOX
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Slovenia
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 - 09:35 AM UTC
Small update.

I fixed all the small gaps and started reveting the entire model. The white stuff in the panel and rivet lines is polishing compound. I will wash it off before painting.

TheZOX
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Slovenia
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 06:37 AM UTC
Small update after a short brake.
Today I have refurbished the canopy.

At first it looked like this:

For the restoration I used 2000 grit sand paper, polishing compound, q-tips and some cotton wool pads.

At first I wet sandet the canopy with 2000 grit sand paper and then buffed it with a q-tip that was fitted into a drilling machine (of course I was constantly changing to a new q-tip so I didnt scratched the plastic).

The finished product looks like this:

Comments are welcome
underhill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Slovenia
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 08:45 PM UTC
Great job Now the canopy shines more than a penny;)
 _GOTOTOP