_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
The leaves are starting to fall. . .2009.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 04:46 PM UTC
Well folks here we are. . .the leaves are starting to fall. The thick cloak of winter will fall across our windowpanes in the coming months. If you do any serious modeling you probably have a few kits picked out for those nights when everyone else is letting sugar plums dance in their head. Pick up some new DVDs for the holidays, stock up on cheese, crackers, fruit, summer sausage, your favorite beverages get a new seat cushion for the chair at your hobby desk. New slippers for your feet and maybe even some holiday music. Sit back for a minute and ponder and let us know what will be on your hobby bench in the coming months. I'll start of with the hopes for the future and reminder of finished projects.

In-progress 1:48 there is of course my two dioramas;
1. Issoudon Repair Shop building, 10 Nieu 21 and 1 Nieu. 24 and the building ready to put on a base. ..so far.
2. German aircraft turn in depot EOW 22 various kits..so far.
3. 6@ extra Eduard Fokker D.VII fuselages. See #2
4. Part of Poland Bristol Fighter F.2b for a diorama almost finished.
5. 1@ Eduard Alb. D.II
6. 1@ Gavia Alb. D.I
7. 1@ Roden DH 4
8. 2@ Eduard DH 2
9. 1@ Eduard Fokker D.VII in progress. serials is D. 247/18. See #2
10.1@ Eduard Fokker E.V.
11.1@ Mirage Halb. CL.II.

In-progress 1:32
1. 1@ WNW Junkers J.I.
2. 1@ WNW Se 5a w/Hisso engine.
3. 1@ Roden Spad VII.
4. 1@ Oberursel Ur.II.

Completed this last year in 1:48.
1. 1@ Eduard Sopwith F.1 Camel
2. 4@ DML Fokker Dr.I
3. 3@ Roden SE 5a 3 Viper powered versions.
4. 1@ Eduard Spad XIII
5. 1@ One more Roden SE 5a w/Hisso
6. 1@ One more Roden Junkers D.I
7. 1@ Eduard Roland C.II

In 1:32 scale I finished;
1. 1@ Roden RAF SE 5a Viper powered version.
2. 1@ Roden Fokker D.VI

I have one 1:32 repair completed
1. 1@ Battle Axe Fokker D.VII
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 09:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

In-progress 1:48 there is of course my two dioramas;
1. Issoudon Repair Shop building, 10 Nieu 21 and 1 Nieu. 24 and the building ready to put on a base. ..so far.

How funny- I'm going to Issoudun next weekend!

I'm planning a diorama/display base for the Dr.I and the Camel I'm making- the two will be facing each other, with a trench between them. The aircraft will be one little patches of static grass, then a gap of the wood of the base, then the muddy trench, which will be surprising as it will be made in a slot in the wood. I idea is for it to look a bit like to knights jousting. The title will be something like "Knights of the unchivalrous war", and there will be no figures, but a single helmet on the edge of the trench.
mbittner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 191 posts
AeroScale: 171 posts
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 - 12:35 AM UTC
All of these have been in progress for quite some time, unfortunately. Also, all of them are in 1/72 (I've always said that all other scales - minus 1/144 - are conspiracies...):

Omega Morane-Saulnier Type AC (still working on the cockpit and need to decide how I'm going to re-add ribs/strips to the wings)

Flashback Sopwith 1.B1 Strutter (no one knows what the undersides of these look like, so I just need to "guess" and move on)

Eduard Fokker F.I, corrected using the Rosemont correction set (this was started way before the Camel vs. Fokker Campaign)

Choroszy Nie.17bis (fuselage finally glued together, so seam work needed on this then I can move forward)

Eduard Albatros D.V (two started, one farther than the other - just needs photoetch external "thingies" added then painting can commence)

Eduard Fokker Dr.I (for the Campaign)

Toko Hansa Brandenburg D.I (two started, one using the Rosemont conversion fuselage to turn it into a different sub-type - just need to move forward with both of them since they both have the CDL painted on them)

Toko Aviatik D.I (only the cockpit has been somewhat started)

ESCI kit-bash Nieuport 16 (on the bench for almost twenty years - sad, no?)

I recently received the AZ Morane-Saulnier Type L, but won't start it until at least the Type AC and a couple of the others are finished.

I promised myself to finish a lot of my in-progress kits this year. Unfortunately my other hobby (Barbershop singing) and life just got in the way. Next year?
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 - 02:16 AM UTC
No future plans on which kits to build this winter . I have restarted projects that got tossed back in the boxes and in the depths of a never ending stash . So I did drop out of a few campaigns because I would very much like to get them done .

Eduard's 1/48 Hanriot HD-1 kit # 8018. Got as far as the fuselage glued up , lower wing and tail plane in place . Started this one well before I found this site .

Eduard's 1/48 Nieuport 11weekend edition . Mr Blue the cat knock this one off the shelf

Eduard's 1/48 Roland C.II original release , another one Blue had fun with .

Eduard's Pfalz D.IIIa , very old build with the cockpit redone and will be done in my own markings which I changed my mind on the stripes and not going with them . Waiting it's first coat of paint .

Rodens Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter 48 scale with scratch built cockpit under way . Stop this one for the lack on info on the control cables in the pit for the tail unit .

SCM of the Aviatik D.1 in 48 scale for the ACUTE campaign , scratch interior , but no engine for it so it's on a stand still until I can figure out how to make one or get one .

Roden's 1/32 scale Pfalz D.III . Having a very hard time getting motivated on working in this scale

Eduard's 1/72 scale Nieuport 23 waiting final assembly and rigging .

Tamiya's P 51 D mustang in 72 scale waiting for it's primer coat .

and that's about it for now .
 _GOTOTOP