_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Pheon's next decal release: Macchi M.5
Jamo_kiwi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 123 posts
AeroScale: 122 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2009 - 09:10 PM UTC
I have received preliminary profile art of Pheon Model's next decal release covering the Macchi M.5. Wahoo! This is what after market decals are all about! Lovely plane, very colourful markings and a bit of interesting history as well (Ensign Charles Hammann won the first Medal of Honor awarded to a United States naval aviator in an M.5).

The set will cover twelve Macchi M.5 Flying boat fighters of 260th, 261st (Miraglia, Venice) and the American crewed 263rd (Porto Corsini) Squadriglia.

It will be released in both 1/48 and 1/72 scales. Prices will be a bit higher than some other Pheon sets due to the number of colours (and in the case of the 1/72 set quite limited production runs) £17.50 for both scales

Pheon note that the 1/48th Fly kit needs considerable re-working to correct the front fuselage for the decals to fit. Freightdog are reported to be working on a Blue Max Macchi M5 kit at present. Lone Star did one in 1/48 but it is currently out of production.

In the smaller scale there is the OOP Pegasus kit and the resin Macchi M.5 from Choroszy.

eyedoc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 4 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 03:27 PM UTC
OFF TOPIC, BUT...James...are you the same James Fahey who was interested in harness racing some 40 yrs ago??? If you are, or are related, I once sent a copy of " Care and Training of the Trotter and Pacer" Remarkable coincidence if we should meet again after all these years...Les MacLaren
Jamo_kiwi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 123 posts
AeroScale: 122 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 08:01 PM UTC
Hi Les
Sorry no, that must be a different James Fahey. I've never been into horses - modelling and aviation yes (particularly WWI), cooking yes and board gaming yes. But welcome along to my thread anyway. Are you interested in the Macchi M.5 at all? I would really like Wingnut to do one. What do you reckon Richard?

Happy Modelling
James
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 12:42 AM UTC
I've been looking for different profiles on this aircraft for some time and this sure does fill that void now . It's a beautiful aircraft , 32 scale would be so cool , but I'm waiting for the Bluemax one to come out . Fly's kit has been out for some time , but haven't seen anyone build it yet . Lot's of reviews in written froum .

Thanks for sharing jamo !
 _GOTOTOP