Eduard BF-109E 1/32 Scale Query
CaptainBirdseye
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 23 posts
AeroScale: 10 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 08:54 AM UTC
Hi guys,
I'm currently building the kit named in the title, but am having trouble following the instruction manual.

The manual goes through assembling the engine and everything, but does not show how to put the nose cover on, with the engine in. What it does show is putting the engine cowl on without any engine, but does not tell you where this part picks up from or what to do.

I have had a look at adding the engine cowl after completing engine assembling, however, there are pieces that protrude and would stop the cowl falling into place.

Cany anyone advise me on what the manual is trying to say?

Thanks again.
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 09:44 AM UTC
You must got some of the earlier kits in which the instructions were lacking proper mention of the closed cowling option. They revised the instructions on subsequent batches.
Here's the A-4 instructions: http://www.eduard.cz/info/products/3003
Although I have no hands-on experience with these kits, all of the A-1, 3, and 4 kits seem to share the same non-clear styrene sprues.

Hope this helps.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 12:20 PM UTC
Hi Luke,

I think this link works: Bf 109 E-4 instructions

Jean-Luc
CaptainBirdseye
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 23 posts
AeroScale: 10 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 02:05 PM UTC
Thanks Eetu and Jean-Luc. Thought it was better to check first, i'm having so much fun with this kit. Although a lot of the photo etched parts seem too small and fiddly for me!!

Jean-Luc, I was looking through your amazing collection of photos, and decided to take a few hints and ideas if that's ok? Your kits are a work of art! Although that's how I see these model kits, 3D, living paintings.
 _GOTOTOP