Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Ooops...Me 262
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Friday, February 05, 2010 - 02:11 PM UTC
Thanks to FalkEins, or Neil, I think he is in England for pointing out that my engines on my recently completed 262 were on opposite ways. Left where right should be right where left should be! Ooopps. Guess this is easy enough to do. Fortunately I sparingly used super glue, can't spell cynaacrylaete glue, and was able to remove engines and put them on correctly. Whew! Again, good eye Neil.

CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 07:52 AM UTC
I guess this would make a good topic. What is the biggest mistake you have ever made in a build? As for me, glued the fuselage halves together without putting all the interior parts in place. I did a really good job gluing it together, so the model was a lost cause.

As for the spelling of the glue, CA is how we usually write it. It is easier that way.
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 11:02 AM UTC
One of my biggest mistakes was taking the wrong engine nacelles of a JU-88 and glueing the right one on the left side and the left one on the right side! Yikes!! The model is was a lost cause from that point. Tearing the plastic apart just wasn't an option! Oh well, even experienced modelers make mistakes!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 08:32 PM UTC
Hi there

Good luck with the repairs Russell - it's a nice looking '262.

My biggest mistake was when I was a kid building the Airfix Commonwealth Boomerang; I was so used to similar aircraft having a straight leading edge and tapered trailing edge that I thought the wings looked totally wrong and struggled to fit them the "right" way round! Luckily, I eventually gave up and glued them on as per the instructions.

All the best

Rowan
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 09:26 PM UTC
I once gleued a fuselage together to discover a day later that i forgot putting the cockpit in

that was the end for that project
 _GOTOTOP