_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Wingnut Wings Albatros D.V
Jamo_kiwi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 123 posts
AeroScale: 122 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 09:20 PM UTC
Here is a preview of the second Albatros kit, 32009, to be released by Wingnut Wings in mid-March. Price: US$59. Wingnut's worldwide free shipping offer has been extended to include all four new models.

Official kit specs:

-High quality Cartograf decals for 5 aircraft.
-151 high quality injection moulded plastic parts.
-Optional radiators, flares, windscreens, flare gun, headrest and 4 propellers.
-Highly detailed Daimler-Mercedes D.III/IIIa/IIIaü engine.
-9 photo-etched metal detail parts including LMG 08/15 Spandau cooling jackets.
-Fine in scale rib tape detail.
-26 page fully illustrated instruction manual including full rigging diagram.

Here are the five markings included in the kit:

Note the stripes for Rumey's DV are NOT included on the decal sheet. These will have to be carefully masked or carefully cut from black decal strip.

Richard has confirmed "Throughout 2010 and 2011 we plan to make available nearly 70 further Albatros D.V and D.Va decal options which will enable modellers to create an amazingly colourful collection of ‘Flying Circus’ aircraft. These decals will be made available in several ways, some will be included in our forthcoming special edition kitsets, some will be sold separately as aftermarket decals and some will be released in limited edition kitsets". Wahoo!
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 - 02:58 AM UTC
Too bad there aren't decals for the stripes, but in a way, it would be difficult to do. I hope they include the engine numbers in the decal sheet. I am looking forward to these Albatri and procuring them for my collection and building pleasure.

CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 - 09:46 AM UTC
It can't get any better than this. I just moved a bunch of kits down into the basement to make room in the headquarters for these guys.
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 - 11:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It can't get any better than this. I just moved a bunch of kits down into the basement to make room in the headquarters for these guys.

How many are you contemplating..individual or staffels of them.?

I had thought of getting an extra to upgrade my Roden DIII (OAW) and use the redundant WNW fuelage for a diorama
badwolf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 79 posts
AeroScale: 75 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 - 01:30 AM UTC
Some nice markings there!, but i thought this kits were a limted run! yet there will be another 70 decal markings coming out later, you know some people will want more than one kit, so does that mean you will be making more kit available to cope with the demand!
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 - 04:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Some nice markings there!, but i thought this kits were a limted run! yet there will be another 70 decal markings coming out later, you know some people will want more than one kit, so does that mean you will be making more kit available to cope with the demand!

When it comes to WNW I really don't think "limited" is in their daily work vocabulary.
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 - 07:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I got four of the Roden D.IIIs, and that apparently won't be enough, as I am working on number 3 and thinking about number 4. I will probably start off with two of each, and wait to see what decal options come out in the future. I do like the Jasta 5 schemes and Pheon will be doing decals for them real soon. These are great times to be a 32nd scale WWI modeler.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 08:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

". . . I do like the Jasta 5 schemes and Pheon will be doing decals for them real soon. These are great times to be a 32nd scale WWI modeler."

From my correspondence with Mr. Richard Alexander WNW the 70 schemes they are planning (2010 - 2011) is strictly for the Alb. D.V - D.Va types. I would recommend a wait and see attitude.
RAGIII
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 604 posts
AeroScale: 600 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 02:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

". . . I do like the Jasta 5 schemes and Pheon will be doing decals for them real soon. These are great times to be a 32nd scale WWI modeler."

From my correspondence with Mr. Richard Alexander WNW the 70 schemes they are planning (2010 - 2011) is strictly for the Alb. D.V - D.Va types. I would recommend a wait and see attitude.

Good advice for those with patience! As for myself, I plan on making my own Polka Dot Tailed Jasta 4 Aircraft as soon as I can
RAGIII
PS. This will be my group build entry! I do have until NOv. 2010 right?
RAGIII
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 - 07:44 AM UTC
How about an Albatros Only Campaign?

With all the releases coming out we might need a WNW II GB. Is that a Gotha I hear over the far off horizon?
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 05:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

To quote Monty Python: "Good Idea Lord"! No disrespect to the almighty intended there. I would be game to enter the campaign.
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 06:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

To quote Monty Python: "Good Idea Lord"! No disrespect to the almighty intended there. I would be game to enter the campaign.

Me too, it might be the first campaign I actually finish

:)
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 06:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Me too, it might be the first campaign I actually finish

:)

They are sweet looking aren't they? I don't think the stripes on the Jasta 5 bird would be that difficult given the just wrap around the fuselage rather than meet in the middle ala the Roden Kit.
 _GOTOTOP