_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
GET 'EM NOW!! Wingnut's new kits!
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,473 posts
AeroScale: 1,450 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 10:30 PM UTC
E-mail waiting in my inbox this morning – my Albatroses and the wee Pup are on their way
RAGIII
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 604 posts
AeroScale: 600 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 - 09:08 AM UTC
I ordered my DV and DVA today. Got order confirmation, now just waiting for them to be shipped.
RAGIII
FigureMad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 118 posts
AeroScale: 89 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 - 09:02 PM UTC
Lovely email waiting in my in box this morning, My order has been shipped as of yesterday........

1 x SE5a, Hisso
1 x F 2b Bristol
1 x Albatros DVa
2 x Albatros DV’s
2 x RNAS Pup’s

Not all mine I have to say, but a club order........

Dave
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 12:36 AM UTC
So which kit(s) do you get to keep?
FigureMad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 01:02 AM UTC
Hi Carl

Luckily the DVa, 1 x DV and 1 x RNAS Pup are all mine

Dave
BradCancian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 285 posts
AeroScale: 281 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 11:13 PM UTC
Mine arrived on my doorstep today - a Pup and a DVa - all in all around a week to ship from NZ to Australia, which is pretty darn good for free shipping.

I have spent the last hour drooling over them, even though I like to think I am a 1/48 scale type.... you will NOT be disappointed with these kits folks, fondling the plastic alone is a peverse joy

BC
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 12:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

....... even though I like to think I am a 1/48 scale type.... you will NOT be disappointed with these kits folks, fondling the plastic alone is a peverse joy BC

I too considered myself a 1/48 scale guy, but with the plethora of 1/32nd out there, and presently in my stash. I haven't touched a 1/48 scale kit in over a year. When I look at them, they appear small. I am going to start putting some of them on ebay shortly.
edoardo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 642 posts
AeroScale: 382 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 01:12 AM UTC
Hi Mark!
I don't have set my mind on 1:32 yet, so please post me the 1:48 kit you are going to sale, maybe I am interested in some...

ciao
Edo
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 03:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

". . . I have spent the last hour drooling over them, even though I like to think I am a 1/48 scale type.... you will NOT be disappointed with these kits folks, fondling the plastic alone is a peverse joy BC

Note to Richard Alexander. . . for a complete kit, it might be a good idea to include a white cotton hand towel. Or at least tape the decals to the inside of the box cover.
FigureMad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 - 12:58 AM UTC
I have had the LVG on the go for a couple on months now, all be it very slowly, and I did get stung by the Handling Charge from the UK Parcel Force Office. I just love the engineering and the construction ethics these guys have, Brilliant Kits.

This next bit is no reflection on anybody on here or WingNutWings in anyway, just ParcelForce. Ordered on the 12th March 7 kits for me and various members of modelling club, 6 at the stated 59USD and one at the stated 79USD total 433USD, no problem so far. Obviously WNW have had so many more orders than they anticipated as they took till the 16th to tell me they had posted my kits, still no problem.

But as soon as it had hit the shores of Good old Blighty that things went pear shaped, I got my letter this Saturday just gone 26th March telling me I have a parcel to pick pick up, but there is a charge to pay. it seems they have cottoned on to this little thing of a handling charge, it seems to have changed to a clearance fee, not only in name, I got charged an extra £28 on top of the cost I had already paid plus VAT. Now when I asked the man behind the counter, he replied it was a VAT clearance fee for when the parcel came into the country because of the amount that the items had cost and had the VAT added, he carried saying that they pay the VAT and I had to pay them for the VAT on the parcel and the fee for paying this fee + VAT so total cost was over £85 extra to get my kits. He said its not Duty as there is no Duty to be paid, I said I know, so who elses kits am I paying for, at which he had a small giggle. I am just astounded by the “matter of fact” way they are charging for this extra fee. I may try and get a Pen Friend in NZ and see if they can send them over postage paid next time.

As I said this is no reflection on The Guys at Wingnuts, just the poxy Parcel Force that us in the UK have to deal with.

Dave
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 - 04:02 AM UTC
Mine cost me a £22.sumthing for 2 kits, £8. odd of that to parcelforce the rest in VAT....now when I've ordered from elsewhere and the parcel has come from another carrier UPS, Fedex etc.....I havent had a handling charge bit been chased by the carrier by invoice for the VAT....Parcelfarce are just creaming..... But the thing is now I wont use them to send anything and havent a good word to say about them...profit now over positive customer support...bad bad practice. Still as long as free shipping isoffered, and VAT apart, delivery costs of under £4.50 realistically is more than good. Once we have to pay delivery then another matter, maybe WNW will offer a choce of carrier.

Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 - 04:16 AM UTC
Hi there

I got hit by ParcelForce's £8 handling charge too on my Pup. I decided not to argue - like Keith I reasoned it was just about acceptable in lieu of a postage fee. I'd think twice if Wingnuts do start charging. Again, like Keith, I won't use ParcelForce if I can avoid it.

All the best

Rowan
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 - 06:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I won't use ParcelForce if I can avoid it

Rowan

I caught a misspelled word. I think it should be "PostalFarce"
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 12:24 AM UTC
They've arrived

Well to the post office at least. I got a slip that I can pick them up later today. Import tax or VAT came to 380 SEK, which equals about 35 pounds or US $53 for three kits... Hmmm, that's almost the price for one more kit. I'm not complaining too much though. It was expected, and I actually thought it may me more.

Slighly curious as to how they came to this sum: Last time I orderded the Junkers on its own, and this came in more expensive throgh customs? I may have to consider what to do when I have to pay postage from NZ as well though. Some of the coming releases is on my definate list. But I really have o pick the raisins – they are going to be really expensive kits...

Anyways, I 'm off to the postoffice this afternoon – Jipeee

Best Regards

Mikael
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 01:42 AM UTC
Here in Canada we don't have to pay for any vat or handling charges . I do feel sorry for you guy's for getting hit with all these extra fees . 53 bucks just to pick up a parcel is really high , and they don't even deliver it to your door !

guitarlute101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,121 posts
AeroScale: 1,063 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 01:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Here in Canada we don't have to pay for any vat or handling charges . I do feel sorry for you guy's for getting hit with all these extra fees . 53 bucks just to pick up a parcel is really high , and they don't even deliver it to your door !

I don't believe I could stand for a fee like that. Sounds like a randomly made up number for the fee. What percentage is that? I won't get started on the tax topic here, I feel my blood pressure going up. Off to work, everyone have a great day.

Mark
OEFFAG_153
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 01:06 AM UTC
The VAT on import here is all a part of being a member of the European Community, and their first commandment:

"Thou shalt not buy goods from outside of Europe or thou shalt be punished with a 25% penalty to be used as mysterious subsidiaries to farmers across Europe" (No I have nothing against farmers by the way!)

As I said, it was expected. I've been lucky once with a parcel from Squadron that slipped past.

Nearly fainted when I got the package from the handler today – it was totally squashed. Sweaty palms opening the brown parcel in the carpark outside... Nope, everything inside seemed fine Pheew! No wingwarp either by the looks of things.

Only downside – wife saw me carry them into the hallway. "So you've picked up some new kits?" " –Yeees?" was my only reply as I hurried into my workspace. Shes probably given up trying to undrestand why I need more than I can build.

They really look sweet!

Happy Easter everybody

Mikael

Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 02:14 AM UTC
Glad to hear you got them at last, 25% VAT...eeeeek well I'll still moan at 17.5% here in UK.

Good to hear everything survived, WNW package them quite well really.

As for SWMBO..... never even try to explain.....they don't understand....leaves me wondering though....Do lady modellers have HWMBO's?

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 02:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Glad to hear you got them at last, 25% VAT...eeeeek well I'll still moan at 17.5% here in UK.

Good to hear everything survived, WNW package them quite well really.

As for SWMBO..... never even try to explain.....they don't understand....leaves me wondering though....Do lady modellers have HWMBO's?

Well I don't have a HWMBO so I don't have that problem with having to seek something into the house under cloak in the dark . I can asure you though if I did I would be the lordess of the house and it wouldn't matter any way

Just think on the amount we spend on shoes and make-up
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 06:39 AM UTC
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 07:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I can asure you though... I would be the lordess of the house and it wouldn't matter any way

One vote. Terri for Queen bee of Aeroscale.

Strawberries and Pepper for the Queen. Beer for everybody else.
edoardo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 642 posts
AeroScale: 382 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 08:17 PM UTC
Yeah! I second Queen Terri I !!

Cheers for the rest of us!
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2010 - 05:50 AM UTC
I'll go along with that. The crown is a nice touch!
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2010 - 09:02 AM UTC

Love the crown. We need to get you a real picture of her, put a crown on it, then she could use it as her avataar.
 _GOTOTOP