_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
1/72 Conversion kit - Matchbox Dauphin AS365
RKinsella
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 603 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2010 - 01:01 PM UTC
Hi guys,

I was just wondering would there be much interest in an affordable 1/72 Conversion kit for the old Matchbox AS365 Dauphin II kit??

Say one that might include (among other small bits) the "Long Nose" to replace the matchbox kit and based primarily on the AS365FI but could also be used on USCG HH-65, French & Chile Navy Versions too.. (no decals but just the replacement parts)

would love to hear some thoughts on this..

Roy

kenner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 122 posts
AeroScale: 119 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 05:41 AM UTC
I would definitely be interested. I have the Revell re-release of this kit and would like to build it as an SA-365F-1 of the French Navy.

RKinsella
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 603 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 02:25 PM UTC
Thanks Kenneth, I'll keep you posted
Dermo245
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 42 posts
AeroScale: 29 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 01:38 PM UTC
Hi Roy,

I'm new to the site here and would definitely be interested - the "long nose", a winch, some small interior and external bits would be great.

I have a couple of the Revell issues lying idle in the stash. I'm also working on a "re-build" of the Matchbox issue as an Irish Air Corps machine...you can see more of the in-work pics at http://www.scale-rotors.com/forum/topic/matchbox-irish-air-corps-dauphin. A really enjoyable, if slightly strange (to some!) build.

There is a Duarte conversion set for the "Panther" variant in resin but it's impossible to find and pricey too ($25 I've seen)

Now if only someone could re-issue decals for the Irish Air Corps in 1/72!

Hope you get plenty of interest.

Best wishes,
Dermot

_GOTOTOP