Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Messerschmitt 109 in 1/72 scale from Hasegawa
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 - 10:56 AM UTC
I've posted this on the campaign page but thought I would put it out here as well for everyone to see. My Hasegawa 1/72 scale Me-109G-6. I painted it in late war colors, how do you like that RLM84? Greenish isn't it? I put RLM82 on top with RLM spotting and camoflage on the wings.

I lost the balances on the underside of the wing, so I made some out of round styrene. It looks okay I think. I was tired and put the wing walkway decals which came with the kit on wrong. Didn't notice it till later. So with some application of softening solution and water, along with some gentle prodding from an x-acto knife, I removed them. Replaced the walk ways with walkways which had to be cut to fit from a Gotha 229. It worked out I guess. Well enjoy the view folks. I like the color the best. Good kit as always from Hasegawa. Russell

img src="http://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/500/Shoki_247.jpg" />

P.S. The Orange-Yellow 10 I borrowed from one of my FW-190A sheets. I liked the color. Who can blame me really? Ha ha
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 05:02 PM UTC
Well, I can't leave well enough alone. I noticed, that again due to being up all night finishing the model, that the next morning that I began decaling, I placed the balkenkreuz on the top of the wings too close to the fuselage. Soooo, a little softening solution and a toothpick took the decals off, with a little scrapping, I then put new decals on the wings! Yeah! It truly is finished now! Russell

_GOTOTOP