_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
Paints for F-105G!
ddufault
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 11 posts
AeroScale: 10 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 01:56 PM UTC
Hey guys and gals, I'm about to start building the trumpeter kit of the F-105G thunderchief. Im looking for paint that covers the colours I need and preferably acrylic over enamels.

The main colours of concern are "Light green" and "forest green". I was trying to get them as tamiya acrylics but had no luck finding those colours! The closest I came was "flat green" and "deep green" respectively. If you've got any ideas let me know, especially if you've built an F-105G before and have advice! Thanks in advance!
MikeM670
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 278 posts
AeroScale: 18 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 02:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey guys and gals, I'm about to start building the trumpeter kit of the F-105G thunderchief. Im looking for paint that covers the colours I need and preferably acrylic over enamels.

The main colours of concern are "Light green" and "forest green". I was trying to get them as tamiya acrylics but had no luck finding those colours! The closest I came was "flat green" and "deep green" respectively. If you've got any ideas let me know, especially if you've built an F-105G before and have advice! Thanks in advance!

I don't know if this would be of any assistance but this site has a fantastic referance guide to different paint manufactures.

http://www.paint4models.com/paintchart/paintconversionchart20100101a.html#app=b83a&9639-selectedIndex=0
RotorHead67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
AeroScale: 226 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 03:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dave;
The colors you seek are FS34079,FS36622,FS30219,FS34102
and they are all available in Model Master Acrylics
Todd
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 04:59 PM UTC
Dave,

Todd is correct. And these colors are also available from Polly Scale.
ddufault
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 11 posts
AeroScale: 10 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 04:08 PM UTC
thanks gents! Appreciate the responses and i'll check out the suggestions! Thanks again!
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 04:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dave,

Todd is correct. And these colors are also available from Polly Scale.

BTW, I just found this feature in which the author cites the paints by FS number and name:
https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net//features/163&page=3
 _GOTOTOP