_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
New functions in the user profile
Mecenas
KitMaker: 1,596 posts
AeroScale: 1,275 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 08:23 PM UTC
Hi,
Is it possible to add new functionalities to the profile? One would be the list of the campaigns which the user had joined, present and future. This list might be public or private.

Second thing is a subscribtion email. Everytime I get a mail with a link to the thread I watch it leads me to the first page of the thread. In my opinion it would be more useful if it would go to the last page...

I don't know if this is technicaly possible but I just wanted to share my thoughts.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 05:27 AM UTC
Hi Michal,
All good ideas. I will be working on the user profile over the remainder of the summer. I will definitely add those suggestions to my list.

If anyone has additional ideas on what they would like to see on your profile page, this would be a good time to suggest it.

Thanks,
Jim
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 09:54 AM UTC
Actually Jim I do have one serious idea about the profile page. It would be nice to have a "My Campaigns" column for campaign leaders kind of like the "My Awards" column. This would show everyone how many campaigns a person is currently enlisted in........with perhaps a special icon for those campaigns in which said person is the campaign leader. Making those clickable links would also be cool.

Dunno how much work or how hard it would be but those are just some thoughts.

Hermon
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 10:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Michal,
All good ideas. I will be working on the user profile over the remainder of the summer. I will definitely add those suggestions to my list.

If anyone has additional ideas on what they would like to see on your profile page, this would be a good time to suggest it.

Thanks,
Jim

I would love to see the personal page evolve to a sort of CMS presenting in a nice form everything that I put on the site from reviews to campaigns, started forum threads, features, pictures...

I know that this is already the case to a large extend but the layout could be a lot better.

actually, we could use thispersonal home page on kitmaker to add reviews and other things so that the staff only has to make a link from the general part of the site.

but I guess you already new that i would come up with somethign grazy again
Mecenas
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 10:40 PM UTC
Another idea for improvement: on the campaign page there could be a link to the discussion thread on the forum.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 08:33 PM UTC
Hi Jim

I've always thought an "address book" for callsigns you want to send PMs to would be really useful. Maybe add-ons like that could be among the perks for KItmaker Subscribers?

All the best

Rowan
Mecenas
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 - 11:51 PM UTC
I've noticed some changes in the "campaigns manager" layout and functions. Good job Staff, makes a campaigners life much easier now.
 _GOTOTOP