_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
Status change for Jean-Luc
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 10:19 PM UTC
Hi all,

I have have taken my decision to stop working for Aeroscale as a Staff Member (editor or anything else). I have to do this because I simply don't have enough time anymore since my second child has arrived. I have to give priority to my family and I hope everyone can understand.

I'm really sorry to let Rowan and the other do all the hard work but I simply can't do otherwise. I will try to be present for the site in the futur but in a more relaxed way for me.

All the best,

Jean-Luc
jaypee
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
AeroScale: 1,384 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 11:33 PM UTC
Enjoy every minute with your kids Jean-Luc, they are only loaned to us. Soon enough they'll be striking out their own way.

Hopefully not all your build will end up like this
Emmet's Circus
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 11:40 PM UTC
Cheers J-L

now that you have some spare time (yeah I know I am mean) .... have a look here so you can look forward to that project: http://stormomagazine.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=838

all the best

Steffen

Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 11:40 PM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc

So, the sad day has finally come... News of your "departure" has been the hardest secret to keep for the last month or two.

Thank you for everything you've done for Aeroscale! It has been quite incredible! It's a bit of a cliché, but absolutely true to say that we really wouldn't be the success we are today without the huge amount of work you've done at every level of the site!

But, much more than that, you've been a real friend to me through some difficult times. That's something I'll be eternally grateful for.

Of course, our loss in AeroStaff will hopefully allow you to really get stuck into more builds, so we should have some real treats to look forward to! Watch out everyone, now Jean-Luc can enter the MoM...

Thank you once again - and remember, the door will always be open once the kids are grown up and you're wondering what to do with all the free time you find you have again!

All the best as ever

Rowan
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 01:41 AM UTC
Thank-you Jean-Luc for all the help and aid over the past few years since I have be here . You did a super job .

Spending time with the family more is always a plus , they grow up very fast .
We will be here when you come back and look forward to your future builds

Be well and Godspeed my friend
Mecenas
KitMaker: 1,596 posts
AeroScale: 1,275 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 04:27 AM UTC
Relax people, J-L is not dead, it's not "last farewell" yet...it's just a change of user status. I'm affraid we will all miss what he has been doing for the Aeroscale as the editor. On the same time we just get another talented user

Thank you J-L for your time as the editor, hope you will find some time to stay with us to share your future projects.
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 05:35 AM UTC
I am sad to hear that Jean-Luc will no longer be a staff member. This means that now his builds will be eligable for the MOM now. I'll never have a chance to win.

Enjoy the time you have with those children Jean-Luc! The memories that all of you will make will last a lifetime and you will NEVER regret a moment spent with your family, I promis.

Hermon

ps: Remember the little tiger figure you sent me? It will be part of my 1/24 scale P-40 in the upcoming P-40 campaign so I expect you to notice it.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 06:06 AM UTC
BTW I like that picture JP

this is my nephew Tobias (both from January 2006 when he was 5):

cheers

Steffen
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 06:15 AM UTC
Jean-Luc,

Thank you for your service here at Aeroscale and the rest. Enjoy the kids while you can, in just 13 or 14 short years, they'll be driving you crazy. but before that happens teach them how to build models!

Good luck and happy modeling!
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 06:34 AM UTC
Enjoy your new found leisure time, especially with the kids, they grow up really faster than you think.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 07:10 AM UTC
What does it take to get you away from the hobby? Family comes first dear friend. Besides. I am sure we will see you in and around the various forums in the future. Always a chair at the mess table for you dear friend. Model On when the kids are asleep!

Stephen
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 07:21 AM UTC
Thanks for all your hard work on the staff Jean-Luc, this site wouldn't be this good without your massive input.
We will save you a space at the round table in the staff forum.
Now go build a MoM winner.
Andy
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 09:34 AM UTC
Jean-Luc,
We greatly appreciate all your hard work over the past several years. Without you, I am sure everyone here agrees, AeroScale would only be a shadow of it's current state. Your attention to detail and artistic flair will, I'm sure, be missed by us all. Hopefully after a bit of a rest and time with family you will be able to spend more time on the hobby and by extension this site. The door will always be open to you to return in whatever capacity you'd like as a staff member.

Best wishes,
Jim
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 10:36 AM UTC
JL

thanks for all the hard work, I am sure that you will be missed as a staff member.

But I hope that you will stay active on the site as a user. After all, yougsters usually are a source of sleepless nights (and therefore may even contribute to modelling time )

More important, it is the right decision, kids grow very fast, before you know it they will be...

vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 03:05 AM UTC
fare thee well, Jean-Luc!

Thanks for all your contributions and helping to build this website.

I hope we'll still see you and your outstanding builds around.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 08:54 AM UTC
Thank you all...

But as Michal said...it's just a change of user status. I will try to be more present on the forums with online builds.

@jaypee: no wonder your son likes this plane, with such colors!

@Steffen: the BR.20 is not on my priority list anymore ( ) but thanks a lot for the very usefull link!

All the best to you all!

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 09:04 AM UTC
Cheers J-L

looking forward to meet you on Monday (and Marc of course)...

All the best

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP