_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
OH-58D Kiowa
spcterry
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 57 posts
AeroScale: 23 posts
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 02:41 PM UTC
Hello all! I'm fairly new here but wanted to share my OH-58D Kiowa I built a few days ago. It's the Matchbox 1/72 scale kit, I also have the Matchbox 1/72 Apache to go with it but haven't gotten around to building it yet. Anyways thanks for looking feel free to critique/comment I'm always looking to improve.

mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 02:57 PM UTC
From what I can see Joe it seems to look good, maybe post a bigger photo.
How did the little guy go together. Welcome to the Rotary Wings.

Happy Modeling,
Joe
spcterry
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 57 posts
AeroScale: 23 posts
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 03:36 PM UTC
Here's a better picture sorry I'm still trying to figure this whole picture thing out

It went together really well, I put it together in an afternoon. I had been working on a kit that was taking forever and I was getting frustrated so I threw this little guy together that afternoon. Probably could have done a better job but it was nice to just see a model get completed, lol. And thanks for the welcome, I'm hoping I don't get so addicted to these forums that I don't have time for modelling!
grubbyfingers
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 404 posts
AeroScale: 339 posts
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 05:23 PM UTC
Hi Joe,

Welcome aboard! That's a nice little chopper. A good clean build, too.

The trouble with the forums is that you learn so much stuff and see so many great ideas that you want to try them all and end up running around in circles!

I have to admit, the idea of stopping my major projects and doing a quick OOB build certainly has its appeal.

All the best,

Grubby.
 _GOTOTOP