_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Eduard Mirage IIIC
The-Mechanic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 103 posts
AeroScale: 46 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 08:45 AM UTC
Hi All

Sorry I haven't been around much, but you know how it is, holidays, busy time at work and re-building the bathroom.

Well, back to things in hand and my favourite (after the wife), modelling. This kit was given to me by a mate who part built the fuselage, then lost interest in it. So whilst I was away on holiday, I decided to take it with me to fill those times of bad British weather we normally get.

Anyhow, this is one of Eduard's "Weekend" kits and it's not too bad. But it's not good either! There was a few issues with parts not fitting properly, mold lines that were bad on some parts. So after some swearing and the odd temptation to launch it out of the skylight, I finished it.

The paint is as follows; The grey is Xtracrylix, silver Revell Aluminium plus other colours fro Mr Hobby and Xtracolor. The pilot seat is a resin one, but I'm not sure who's as it was already fitted when I got the kit. Weathering is done with Promodeller washes.

In general, a nice looking model when finished. But I hope my Eduard FW190 and F6F-3 are better then this one!

Mick

mtnflyer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 394 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 09:11 AM UTC
Nicely done! A fine model of one of the last truly pilot driven combat aircraft.
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 - 01:43 PM UTC
Very nice job Mick.
Well done, I like the washes !
 _GOTOTOP