_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Battle of Britain artwork using model kits...
hangarbay94
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 82 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 11:02 AM UTC
Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

After a break of almost 25 years I have taken to making model aeroplanes again. My favourite eras are 1950's jets and WW2 aircraft.

I've started simple, making an Airfix 1:72 Spitfire and a Revell Heinkel HE111 (awful kit).

I also like to create artwork using Adobe Photoshop and photographs of the models I've made. I'd like to show you what I've done...

The first image shows the Secret Flying Airfields that saw service during the Battle of Britain. These 2 massive flying ships were Britain's secret line defence against invasion from the sky's and proved decisive in Britain's victory against overwhelming odds.

The Luftwaffe were fooled into thinking that Radar was responsible for the RAF's quick reaction times, whereas these 2 enormous flying Aircraft Carriers, hovering high above the Home Counties delivered their fighter squadrons into the heart of battle at a moments notice.

Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 09:38 PM UTC
Hi Julian

Great compositing work! A tutorial on how you achieve such results would be an excellent subject for a Feature.

All the best

Rowan
hangarbay94
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 82 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 04:48 AM UTC
Merlin,

I really appreciate the comment.

I use Photoshop to create my images and as it's such a coimplex program it may take some time to do a full tutorial, though I may attempt to put something on Youtube.

I'm glad you like the images...
 _GOTOTOP