_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Info / Photo's for 129th CSAR MH-60G
auger0_0
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 53 posts
AeroScale: 50 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 12:34 AM UTC
Hi, I am in the planning phase to Build an Academy (2201) 1/35th MH-60G based on Tail number 26196 which belongs to 129th CSAR. If anyone has info on this airframe or photo's (walk round ) I would really appreciate hearing from you either on this thread or via PM.

Also if anyone has Drawings for MH-60G they would obe of real help, I have scoured the internet and have not found any and they would be a really help with the detailing.

I would also like to get hold of any history for this airframe.

This is going to be my first real scale model project since returning to the hobby after about 15 years absence.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer help on this

Best regards Simon
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 03:00 AM UTC
I don't have any specific info on the exact airframe you are looking for, but I have built 4 of the Academy Blackhawk/Pavehawk kits so far. They are a great starting point. I recommend getting the Cobra Company upgrade and detailing sets for them though. The CC sets are great and add lots of needed detail.

Cobra Company

Here are my builds for inspiration.

USAF HH-60G

USCG MH-60J

US Army MH-60L DAP and US Army UH-60L

Here is a pic labeling pretty much the latest mods for HH/MH-60Gs. It is a few years old, but has most of the current mods.

I have more general info on MH/HH-60Gs if you need it. Let me know if you need any help on it.
auger0_0
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 53 posts
AeroScale: 50 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 05:53 AM UTC
Gino I have been marvelling at the level of detail in your builds, thank you for the pointers. I choose this particular serial because There is an aviation print of it which will make a good back drop also as far as I know it is still in service.

On the detail front I was going to go for the Eduard MH-60G detail sets as they are easier to get hold of in the UK

Again thanks for offer of help I am sure I will need it

Regards Simon
 _GOTOTOP