_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
Dust under the Klear/Future
propwash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Charente, France
KitMaker: 289 posts
AeroScale: 231 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 10:52 AM UTC
Hey guys,

I took every precaution when putting a Kear coat on my Zero, including immediatley covering with a large plastic box while drying.

As the paintwork was clear of dust, I can only assume the wide brush I used was the culprit (I've read it's easier to use a brush rather than an airbrush for Klearing before decaling).

Anyway, to my question - as there are only tiny dust specs (and a hair about 2mm long) on only one upper surface - is it best to sand the Klear down with some 1200 paper and Kear afresh?

TIA
propwash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Charente, France
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2011 - 01:26 AM UTC
Anyone?
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2011 - 03:31 AM UTC
Small particles of dust and hairs being magically attracted to my coats of Klear and paint have driven me up the wall in the past.
Resist the temptation to imediately try and remove the particles, I have found that once the Klear has cured completely a quick swipe with the finest polishing stick you have ( go very carefully) should remove the offending particle.
This will also take the shine off the area you've sanded, but an application of Klear over the top and you won't see the join.
Its only since I purchased a small spray booth with an extractor fan that I have been able to eliminate 99% of this annoying occurance.
All the best
Nige
propwash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Charente, France
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2011 - 04:51 AM UTC
Cheers, Nige. It's my first air-brush project so guess it won't be perfect. You always said I'd eventually buy an airbrush - you were right!
 _GOTOTOP